• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bulletproof monoblock

C
Well I have a 93 XLT engine thats blown up and I want to build a bulletproof motor out of it. This is what I have in mind. Weld crank, SLP toughboy kit, drilled oil hole, .040 Wiseco pistons, SLP heads, PSI modblaster pipes, and 38mm carbs. Any ideas on jetting and suggestions?

Last edited:
A

andy_09

Dec 6, 2007
Great Falls Montana
i have an xlt its bored .030 over with wiseco pistons,DG pipes, crank trued and welded, slp crankshaft balancer and 39.5mm carbs--it runs really well for a 600 and is very dependable and can rev really high

T

TravRMK

Feb 1, 2004
Pocatello, ID
With pipes, that engine will not be bulletproof! I had a 96 and went through 3 cranks in one season! Once stock engine with pipes, and heads, once with pipes head, and welded crank, and finally once with a SLP 654 bigbore with the toughboy bearing. The cranks just don't like to spin that high of rpm's that you need to with pipes.

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
bullet proof????

no engine will ever be bullet proof but you shouldnt waste your time on that engine, find a good used 700 twin and put it in it, a lot more torque,more hp. and always going to be WAY more reliable.

C
With pipes, that engine will not be bulletproof! I had a 96 and went through 3 cranks in one season! Once stock engine with pipes, and heads, once with pipes head, and welded crank, and finally once with a SLP 654 bigbore with the toughboy bearing. The cranks just don't like to spin that high of rpm's that you need to with pipes.

Still got the 645 top end? Wanna sell it?

N
Nov 30, 2007
mine will run at 8100 all day with the jetting i have in it, never had any probs with pipes or anything

Yep. They WILL run 8100 all day long. Problem is with triple pipes you have to spin closer to 9000 to make top HP. That's where the problems come up. If you can put on the triple pipes and stay around 8500 you'll be better off. You'll lose some ponies but it will be more dependable.

C

It all depends on how much your putting the motors though. I run at about 9 grand not holding it wide open all the time. I'll probly run this one to about 8,600 MAX.

Premium Features