• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900 oil consumption trouble

B

barh

Apr 8, 2007
Mich
I have a 05 900 fusion. 3800 trouble free miles & now its kicking my a_ _. it uses twice as much oil as normal & i can't find it. it has 200 miles on complete overhaul. cases & cyls ported, crank trued welded,06 pistons, new 2 me injectors cleaned & tested, fbf throttle-oil cable, ect. the oil pump marks are aligned, it sets & looses no oil so i don't think its the center seal. oil pump spring working properly.(i even tried a second spring just to be sure it was pulling back all the way) what should i check next? I am stumped. thanks

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
To decrease oil consumption, you will want to lengthen the cable a small amount. Keep in mind you want to wind up with a ratio of around 38:1 or so... My sled has been using a lot of oil since I put a new cable on it and I finally checked the ratio... 28:1:face-icon-small-sho Unfortunately the oil pump is very difficult to get to on these things, but once you pull off the throttle bodies, at least you can get to it.

R
Feb 16, 2013
does the 2005 fusion 900 suck gas like no tomorrow also??? I just purchased one and went 50 miles and stupid thing is reading 1/2 tank of fuel..anyone know whats up with that??

R
Feb 16, 2013
wow...thanks for info...I didn't think it would be that bad..I'm use to about 18mpg i get with my 05 skidoo renegade 600sdi..totally different the way it drives compared to the skidoo..sort of steers like a tank..lol

Premium Features