• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR with Burandt HD boards

I posted this over on HCS, but I think there are more long track IQRs here that might be interested in this.
I picked up a set of Burandt HD boards from my Polaris dealership a few weeks ago and installed them on my 05 IQR.

Very simple install but you need the guts to cut your stock running boards right off.

Link to HCS for now. The pics are on my work computer.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/354-440-race-modified/606008-iqr-pro-rmk-boards.html

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
Wisconsin huh? Grew up in Manitowoc. Now i call it ManitoWAC.

hell ya Gmiller. A-town, WI... the fox valley area isn't to bad. Manitowac eh, at least we are neither from Menasha AKA "MeTrasha"! lol

Prolly a dumb question, but how do you like Breckenridge? My wife and I are moving west at the end of 2013, but probably UT as my sis lives in S. Jordan. Just need to sell our house, not an easy task right now.

:sorry: for the thread jack lilindy500...

Last edited:

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
lilindy500: those boards look like they came on there stock. Nice work! I want to put those on my 10' assault, just not sure i can make em look that clean.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
They look like they might be narrower towards the rear then the stock boards? Is this the case? I find the stock boards too wide, I can feel them dragging and grabbing on sidehills.

Going to order a set soon.

P
Jan 16, 2013
Bethel, Maine
Yes they are much narrower. I have a ton of pics over on HCS of the board's and my install of them. They are much stiffer than the originals when installed well. I am actually finishing up an IQr install today. They really are a great deal from Polaris, and in my opinon they best running boards I have seen. I even have a buddy that put a set on a old mt.cat , and anotherbthat will probably Putnam set on a doo.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
Do you have any more pics of the install on the dragon? Specifically where the board mounts to the outboard footwell area. Thanks for the info.

Premium Features