• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions on 163x3x16 CE and 7T avid drivers

D

duch17

Nov 26, 2007
i was reading and a couple guys just air hammered them abit for clearance, let me know how you make out my suspension and track and air frames will be in this week.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
I read that too about hammering. I am gonna try that first as the rivets that are long are the ones that hold the motor mounts in place. Cool.....r u installing a 16x3 with 7t or doing a drop and roll?

Last edited:
D

duch17

Nov 26, 2007
163 with a 7 tooth, i need to order the drivers everything else is on its way.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Here are some pics of the Avid 7T powerclaw drivers for the xp installed. You can see that its going to be a tight fit with a 3" track. Talk to Robbie b4 installing these and make sure your track is with you. The measurements I have are within 1/16" and the drivers run tight on the inside of the windows. Also, because I am running a 16" wide with TS brackets, there is not a lot of room for side to side sway of the track, so I was really picky about getting them centered on the shaft and having minimul movement. Gonna have to run this track fairly tight and install boogies on the TS skid. Also,looks like the exposed rivets will lign up with the notches in the track so I am not going to grind or beat on anything....the big rivets that are in question hold the motor mounts in place and I would rather not screw with them. The existing rub marks are from running a stock track really loose with the turbo.

Hope this helps.

IMG_0456.jpg IMG_0457.jpg IMG_0459.jpg IMG_0463.jpg IMG_0466.jpg IMG_0469.jpg IMG_0473.jpg IMG_0476.jpg IMG_0480.jpg IMG_0493.jpg

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Here are some pics of the Avid 7T powerclaw drivers for the xp installed. You can see that its going to be a tight fit with a 3" track. Talk to Robbie b4 installing these and make sure your track is with you. The measurements I have are within 1/16" and the drivers run tight on the inside of the windows. Also, because I am running a 16" wide with TS brackets, there is not a lot of room for side to side sway of the track, so I was really picky about getting them centered on the shaft and having minimul movement. Gonna have to run this track fairly tight and install boogies on the TS skid. Also,looks like the exposed rivets will lign up with the notches in the track so I am not going to grind or beat on anything....the big rivets that are in question hold the motor mounts in place and I would rather not screw with them. The existing rub marks are from running a stock track really loose with the turbo.

Hope this helps.
Boy thats tight, but as far as snow evacuation you still have lots a room within the paddles themself. The reports are awesome with that setup. Nice.I,m in the middle of the 156X3 install as well

D

duch17

Nov 26, 2007
what is the measurement of the shaft, im just ordering my drivers and want to no which size to order.

D

duch17

Nov 26, 2007
Diameter , I'm getting avids, I was going to just order them on line.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
You might want to call Robbie at Avid. I just checked the website and my drivers are not on there, nor is our shaft size as an option. I may have missed something. These drivers were made specifically for the CE 3" track.406-253-0979

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
There is only one shaft size for the XP so all you need is the Avid 3 inch pitch ,7 tooth if you are going 3 inch profile or lug.
Hope that helps .
Cheers

what is the measurement of the shaft, im just ordering my drivers and want to no which size to order.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Well I spent the day instealling the 3" and skid, amd I must say the track and axle actually went back together a lot easier than I was expecting. I decided to grind some rivets but I never had to replace/remove any. Lifted the back of the sled up so I could get under, used retchet straps to hold the track up and a bar across the tunnel where the rear drop brackets are, then I made a loop and stuffed it in there. Its tight but it went good !!!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Well I spent the day instealling the 3" and skid, amd I must say the track and axle actually went back together a lot easier than I was expecting. I decided to grind some rivets but I never had to replace/remove any. Lifted the back of the sled up so I could get under, used retchet straps to hold the track up and a bar across the tunnel where the rear drop brackets are, then I made a loop and stuffed it in there. Its tight but it went good !!!

how much measured clearance over the drivers?

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Ya for sure. I will get some pics up this weekend. Its freakin awesome man...looks like it could crawl up a mountain, stop and go whenever you want.

I was a little nervous about the 3 " at first. Debated it all last year and decided against it. Then I read some real life stories and figured what the hell...gotta try it. I was really nervous when I got it and looked at it and did some measuring and thought holy crap...this is never gonna work. The fact that I got it in by myself, without folding lugs, without much trouble leaves me to believe that it is going to work great !!!!

Premium Features