• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rex XP- Rev XM Comparison Pic

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Hey Brew, did you see the two holes on the rails where the rear sissor mounts? Like the rear sissor relocate? Even the angle of the lower part of the sissor looks the same.

Yep...looks like they've been paying attention.
I see the multiple holes at the tortion spring saddle too. Maybe thats just a proto thing to find the sweet spot? Would be nice to have that adjustability also.

C
Feb 10, 2009
Wow I like seeing the comparison even though I think the polaris one the image re-size may of messed it up but still a idicator. Been looking awhile for a new sled this year and i gotta wait till everything comes out but i might have to get the new summit cause it looks like my concerns with the xp may have been fixed only issue now is if that new track will hold up or blow apart when march and april comes and the snow gets hard. Thanks for putting in the time for the comparo.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Those rail tips look almost too close to the driveshaft to still have extrovert sprockets. Did they ditch the extroverts to soften the rail angle?

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
PJ-Hunter

How do you like that? Honestly.

If you draw a line, inline with the new Summit steering post, then measure up the height of the riser........it sits pretty close to the Poos steering. It also turns with little effort as it turning directly on the post and not in that factory arc.
It was never the chassis, it was the steering.........now I have the option of riding it back like the Poo or forward like the Doo, without changing the position of the bars!!

Changing the position of the handlebars does not change the way the geometry works. Pros bars twist to turn, XM bars lean to turn. Totally different systems and feel completely different when riding.

The PRO looks like a pregnant guppy compared to the XM, and so far my nuts have been unscathed by the gas cap on my pro, LOL.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Changing the position of the handlebars does not change the way the geometry works. Pros bars twist to turn, XM bars lean to turn. Totally different systems and feel completely different when riding.

The PRO looks like a pregnant guppy compared to the XM, and so far my nuts have been unscathed by the gas cap on my pro, LOL.

Changing the bars inline with the post makes it that you also twist to turn. I compared it with a pro this weekend. They turn the same, but the Pro's post is further back.

T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
The comparison between the Pro and new Doo make everything line up pretty close. Would make for a tough decision. Seems wierd to be happy that I am not considering a new sled. Not sure if the new skid will work, and would really like to see Polaris have a better motor. Polaris and Doo have some nice sleds to pick from. I think the belt drive on the Pro would get me to buy it though. Just wish Cat would come up w/ something decent-just kidding. Does any one have a Rev pic they could line up also?

I dont know if this is true, but I heard this weekend that Poo was having vibration issues with the belt drive system.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
So from someone who has actually had some seat time on both, how different is the 13 doo from the 12 doo? How many degrees does the skid "twist" back and forth and how are they getting the "give" in the side bite of the track? Have not followed the recent changes to the doo until I saw a commercial on them during NASCAR this past Sunday. Also, if a guy was going to boost one (and I would want to), is there a kit out there that has proven itself yet? Like I said earlier, I'm a newbie when it comes to Doo these days. I rode a '12 Etec the other day for about 5 hours and was impressed with the engine but not a huge fan of the chasis. Got used to it, just not a fan. My biggest complaint was the lack of running board and how they seemed to load up easily. To the doo's defense, I am used to CR Tunnels which are some, if not the best running boards in the industry IMO!

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Changing the bars inline with the post makes it that you also twist to turn. I compared it with a pro this weekend. They turn the same, but the Pro's post is further back.

Unless I am missing something, the XM steering post still goes HORIZONTALLY over the engine, right? Because it is more forward It will likely be less of an angle than the XP. The PRO steering post goes VERTICALLY down as almost to go behind the engine if it were long enough, and then uses various rods and such to connect to the front of the sled. Tipping the bars back, will twist the same, yes but when standing on the machine The XM bars twist like the steering wheel in your car, whereas the PRO twists like the steering wheel in a semi. Two totally different systems, no? Subsequently two totaly different handlng characteristics.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Unless I am missing something, the XM steering post still goes HORIZONTALLY over the engine, right? Because it is more forward It will likely be less of an angle than the XP. The PRO steering post goes VERTICALLY down as almost to go behind the engine if it were long enough, and then uses various rods and such to connect to the front of the sled. Tipping the bars back, will twist the same, yes but when standing on the machine The XM bars twist like the steering wheel in your car, whereas the PRO twists like the steering wheel in a semi. Two totally different systems, no? Subsequently two totaly different handlng characteristics.

My point was that putting the riser inline with the post made it turn as a T,in relation with the post(which is easier to turn). With the riser leaning forward of the post, the steering is more of an arc (which is harder to turn).The post is still leaning more than a Poo. It changed the whole feel of the machine for me (and others) I was always struggling with the steering, not the chassis. JMO
If you line the riser with the post on the xm, it will be easier to turn. Being more forward than the xp, it will change the feel of the sled.

Last edited:
D
Oct 22, 2008
Longview WA
I have broke more on myFollowed new 09 doo in 65 hours (I mileage is unknown due to issues ) then 4k on my first sled a 99 powder special! Give me a reliable durable sled, all heavy when they stuck!

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
I wonder if they will make a mod for the skid to bolt in to a 12

thet are selling a T-motion conversion kit for rev-xp with sc-5m

for 319 $
page 140 on new accessory catalog

what skid is in the 08 xp? is it the sc-5m ?

Last edited:
H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Had to resize to match the other pics so it may be off a bit. Wasn't sure where to line them up so I went with the lower a-arm ball joint. Maybe there is a better location to line up the pro with the Doo's.

xp_xm_pro2-1.jpg

The rear suspension looks very similar in the xm compared to the pro .

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
These pictures and this entire thread does not apply anymore. The XM does not have the rear suspension as it shows in the pictures. It is now very similar to the XP. Not trying to start something here it's just that the Engineers found that the original design worked better and that is what everybody rode for the test rides. And most loved the way it handled and climbed up on to the snow.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Teth-Air how do you know this? Do you know how it's different?

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I heard rumer of this, problem is the xm I ordered had that suspension as far as I knew when I put the deposit on it.

Premium Features