• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013's New DOO revolution

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
MSRP for a Summit Sport 800R of $8,999!?!?!?! Holy crap!!! That's a steal!!!

Maybe that's the revolution!!! Prices are lower than I thought they'd be for the new sleds!!! Not bad at all.

Summit Sport 800R: $9,000
SHR 860: $3000???

Total: $12K and beat every other 800 out there (climbing of course) for the same price... That's what I'd DOO if I was into that sort of thing... (The ETEC is pretty cool though)

No vertical steering though so no new DOO for me.

Joe

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO

Maybe that's the revolution!!! Prices are lower than I thought they'd be for the new sleds!!! Not bad at all.

Total: $12K and beat every other 800 out there (climbing of course) for the same price... That's what I'd DOO if I was into that sort of thing... (The ETEC is pretty cool though)

Joe

I am not sure I get the "vertical steering" deal?

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY

Joe

In the vid with Dave, he said the steering is more forward and is the same as on the Freeride. The comparison pic posted in another thread also shows this.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Is it just me or does the grille and bumper look like braces with headgear??

006ltd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
051sr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
]

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
How can that new grill not pack the front end full of snow?

Good Luck

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I am riding the 2013 Summit on Saturday and am looking forward to seeing how this new chassis is going to work! I ride deep/steep technical most of the time so I will be putting this thing through a good test!! Hope to bring back some good reports!!

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
So I have to ask? What if a pro rider comes along and puts this wonderfull flexiable track on his/hers pro? Is this going to mean there's no chance for the rest of us, cause the pro is already the most flickable sled out there. Just wondering:behindsofa:

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
So does that mean you will make the forum ride and guide for us too? Yaaaay

Hahahaha! You're funny! Well......riding the 2013 on Saturday for 4 hours but am riding it for the entire weekend of the 4M ride at Carl Kusters lodge in Sicamous. I would have loved to join you guys in Whistler that weekend but really want the chance to really "RIDE" this thing!

I want to see what it can do and hopefully not have a repeat of what I did with my 2012 yesterday! LOL 20 feet straight in the air and landed like a backwards lawn dart!

IMG-20120219-00797.jpg

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
It's progression.. each year cool new features are brought together which makes our life in the mountains that much better. Things that were once aftermarket mods are now becoming stock. I found the 2012 sled very rider friendly and maneuverable. If this new skid concept rides the way I've been told then I think were all in for a treat. Oh yeah and TURBO accessory....sweeeet!!----------GK

Those dinky add-ons don't justify that price tag. I'd bet you that I could take the base model 2012 XP and make a better sled that the 2013 XM. From the skid to the skis, for less.

Somebody told them it was cool. I don't get it either.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.

When taking an off-camber plunge into, or off a mountain, the horizontal steering post and its steering wheel-like handlebar rotation sets our arm leverage to a pull-up and push-down fashion, rather than flatly pulling the snowmobile into a hillside. This makes dicey attacks.

We must be truthful – we demand much from BRP. The XP Summit X is a phenomenal mountain sled, no doubt. We can’t find anything wrong with this super sled other than handlebar swing; we implore Ski-Doo to install a vertical steering post into this very remarkable chassis.

A simular quote that some dislike.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Summit seeker I don't see the hole in the snow from your body. Where did YOU land?

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
I have to admit that at first I was a bit disappointed with the 2013. There was a lot of hype that probably wasn't lived up to. However, the more I research this baby the more excited that I get. It's cheaper than the 11's were with much more technology. So far the best I've found is $11,200 OTD for a 163" x. That also includes a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty which is awesome.

I've also heard some complaints about the extra weight for the heated storage compartment. I love the idea of warm gloves or clean goggles mid day. Would I add a few pounds to have this feature? Absolutely! Between the storage up front and behind the seat I think I can also eliminate my tunnel bag which will be very nice. 2013 Rev XM here I come!

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Summit seeker I don't see the hole in the snow from your body. Where did YOU land?

I landed here on the other side of the tree! (sitting where I landed) LOL

IMG-20120219-00795.jpg

After getting redirected into this little clump of snow at about 70 KM per hour!

IMG-20120219-00796.jpg

The results were straight up into the air and doing that backwards lawn dart!

In the meantime......this was a report (see link below) from Julie-Anne Chapman who rode the 2013 on Sunday past. Julie is an awesome rider! I have seen her carve with some of the Slednecks boys in the Whistler backcountry.

She is saying it is easy to pull over on its side which is interesting. Dave Norona is 130 pounds and he also said it is super easy to pull over. Looking forward to riding this thing this week!!!!

http://julieannchapman.com/

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Sounds like Julie is a DOO rider but not bad for the first review I've read. Like I said before, I'm sure it will be a great sled but I just don't know if it's for me yet.... Although the more I look at the Summit SP 146 the more my mind starts to believe it is.... Dang it...

Joe

G

Geoff Kyle

Dec 14, 2011
Whistler
Those dinky add-ons don't justify that price tag. I'd bet you that I could take the base model 2012 XP and make a better sled that the 2013 XM. From the skid to the skis, for less.

Yeah that might be possible, but you should try riding the 2013 first before you claim that the price isn't worth it. I have had a tone of feed back from people that have been rippin on the 13 and the general feeling that comes back is bring your check book cuz your gona want one really bad!! All I'm sayin is try it before you knock it...

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I landed here on the other side of the tree! (sitting where I landed) LOL

IMG-20120219-00795.jpg

After getting redirected into this little clump of snow at about 70 KM per hour!

IMG-20120219-00796.jpg

The results were straight up into the air and doing that backwards lawn dart!

In the meantime......this was a report (see link below) from Julie-Anne Chapman who rode the 2013 on Sunday past. Julie is an awesome rider! I have seen her carve with some of the Slednecks boys in the Whistler backcountry.

She is saying it is easy to pull over on its side which is interesting. Dave Norona is 130 pounds and he also said it is super easy to pull over. Looking forward to riding this thing this week!!!!

http://julieannchapman.com/

I give you a "10" for that performance. :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features