• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013's New DOO revolution

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
Felker Mptor Sports

Sort of curious..in a email today from Doo about the Spring Tour, etc, they made a point to highlight the fact that Felkner is riding a Aerocharged Summit SP. I've never seen them recognize anyone in the aftermarket for minor mods, never mind a mod of this level. Interesting move.

Sorry...... It is not Felkner. It is "FELKER" From, Loveland Colorado. Felker Moter Sports. One of the best Ski-Doo tuners ever. And yes he does ride an Aerocharger turbo....... The best tuned turbo on the snow.... Come ride one!!

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
brpii

It's not fair for the competition when they are so far behind, and have half the bank role for r&d. Doo will dominate as usual.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
It's not fair for the competition when they are so far behind, and have half the bank role for r&d. Doo will dominate as usual.

Do you have actual numbers on how much Polaris and SkiDoo invested in new technology and R&D? Not sure why you post such an uneducated opinion. Would be nice if we could just leave the band loyal responses out of this, cause it just sounds like ur a cheerleader.

Polaris has raised the bar with the Pro, and hopefully Skidoo has raised it even further:)

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Do you have actual numbers on how much Polaris and SkiDoo invested in new technology and R&D? Not sure why you post such an uneducated opinion. Would be nice if we could just leave the band loyal responses out of this, cause it just sounds like ur a cheerleader.

Polaris has raised the bar with the Pro, and hopefully Skidoo has raised it even further:)

God ur a douche bag.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
x2

Any demo rides? I'm hoping to get on this new sled in Colorado.

x2. Would love to ride one if I can. Going to go ride the 13 Pro next week. Want to ride the 13 Pro-Climb, and the Ski-Doo as well. I have rode a stock Nytro, and unless they change something MAJOR I will pass on them. I am hoping 13 will be a good year for mountain sleds.

D
Mar 3, 2008
And they are still then benchmark mountain machine. Really burns you doesn't it. Next year maybe you will actually have something to wave your flag for.
what are you poo guys doing on this 2013 doo thread ? just can't wait to see whats gona be beating you again next year

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
what are you poo guys doing on this 2013 doo thread ? just can't wait to see whats gona be beating you again next year

Actually, I am a non-biased consumer, not a poo guy, doing research on where I might spend my hard earned dollars next year. Unlike some people, I prefer to ride what machine works the best for me, instead riding only one brand just because I own only a certain color of underwear. Maybe you need to change yours to see what I mean?

And, If we all come home at the end of the day with a smile on our face, who's beating who?

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

I ride a Pro and I'm here to see what Doo has coming next year. Half of the Doo guys were over on the 2013 Pro threads too? Last I saw it was a public forum and nobody needed permission to see other threads. Other brand guys cannot bash the 2013 Doo anymore than the pro (get it?) Doo guys can claim how good the 2013 is. I'm just joining in on the speculation.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I ride a Pro and I'm here to see what Doo has coming next year. Half of the Doo guys were over on the 2013 Pro threads too? Last I saw it was a public forum and nobody needed permission to see other threads. Other brand guys cannot bash the 2013 Doo anymore than the pro (get it?) Doo guys can claim how good the 2013 is. I'm just joining in on the speculation.

Is this the ... "Your a retard so I can be a retard too?" argument? lol

D
Mar 3, 2008
Actually, I am a non-biased consumer, not a poo guy, doing research on where I might spend my hard earned dollars next year. Unlike some people, I prefer to ride what machine works the best for me, instead riding only one brand just because I own only a certain color of underwear. Maybe you need to change yours to see what I mean?

And, If we all come home at the end of the day with a smile on our face, who's beating who?
nothing to do with underwear ,I used to ride ac when doo came out with the rev and they were kicking a$$ on every thing else I switched ,and poo or ac never came out with anything that would beat it ,i then bought a xp and same story,the others are getting closer,and the day i see a stock sled of any other brand beat up a stock xp ,i will probably switch ,I can ride so i don't need to get into this which chassis handles better, the skidoos handle as good as any thing and have the power to boot, which is why all these pro guys talk handling. but if you can ride anything and are trying to decide based on who beats who it will be quite obvious.

G
Jan 10, 2008
Rollinsville
Info taken from another forum:

Summit: Deep snow riding and climbing, especially out West.

NEW Features Mountain‐specific!
REV‐XM platform variation.
tMotion rear suspension.
FlexEdge track technology.
REV‐XM body style.
REV‐XM mountain‐specific ergonomics.
New colorations.
SC‐5M 2 rear suspension on Sport package.
Value price on Summit Sport package.

Summit Sport

Model:
Summit Sport
Platform:
REV-XP platform .
Engine:
Power T.E.K. 800R (151hp) or 600 Carb.
Suspension:
SC-5M2 rear suspension, available track lengths of 146"(with 600 carb engine), 154"(with 800R Power T.E.X. engine).
HPG front shocks.
Motion control shocks.

Summit SP

Model:
Summit SP E-Tec 800
Platform:
REV-XM platform .
Engine:
E-Tec 800 163+ HP.
Suspension:
tMotion rear suspension, with 3 available track lengths, 146, 154, & 163".
HPG shocks.

NEW Features!
PowderMax short Rod track.
REV-XM body style.
Forward foot position.
REV-XM seat.
REV-XM handlebar controls.
Heated glove box.
Updated Multi-function analog/digital gauge with standard temperature gauge.
Black/Orange coloration.

Model:
Summit XP E-Tec 600
Platform:
REV-XP platform .
Engine:
E-Tec 600.
Suspension:
SC-5M rear suspension, with 2 available track lengths, 146 & 154".
HPG shocks.
Note: Summit SP with E-Tec 600 spring choice: Electric Start.

Summit X

Model:
Summit X
Note: Spring only order.
Platform:
REV-XM platform .
Engine:
E-Tec 800 163+ HP.
Suspension:
tMotion rear suspension, with 3 available track lengths, 146, 154, & 163".
HPG Plus shocks.

NEW Features!
PowderMax short Rod track.
REV-XM body style.
Forward foot position.
REV-XM seat.
REV-XM handlebar controls.
Heated glove box.
Updated Multi-function analog/digital gauge with standard temperature gauge.
Note: Summit X spring choices: Electric Start.

Optional Accessories

Extreme Skid Plate

Prefilter Grill Kit

Powder Plow

Fuel Caddy & LinQ

SidePanel Vent Kit

Optional Sled Wraps

Danger

ReMix

Retrospect

Geo Square

REV-XM Features:

tMotion Rear Suspension
The tMotion rear suspension is a mountain specific skid-frame.A swiveling rear arm and split front arm allow the skid frame to flex laterally, reducing the sled's resistance to banking. A more rising rate motion adds capacity and comfort. A ball joint at the hidge between the rear arm and the drop link and split front arms enable the flex.

New Snow Flap
Not just cool looking but functional. "A hinge" in the center prevents it from interfering with the track when backing up.

LED Tail Light
Brighter then the previous incandescent version, and extremely low profile, give it a very high tech appearance.

REV-XM Seat
Moving from one side of the sled to the other is key to technical boondocking, and the REV-XM seat makes this easy thanks to its extremely compact design. It is very narrow at the front to add leverage, and to maximize comfort for smaller riders. An enclosed storage compartment is in the base behind the seat. It has an 0.8 gal capacity, and a shape that fits a water bottle, gloves or goggles quite easily.

FlexEdge Track Technology
The standard Summit tracks are 16" wide for added flotation, and traction, but the fiberglass reinforcing rods that go across the track are just 12 inches wide. This enables the two outside inches of track to flex, reducing the effort required to initiate a roll.

Running Boards
For more solid footing in deep snow, the running board snow evacuation holes have been increased by 87%. An extremely strong running board edge extrusion (three times stronger then the REV-XP extrusion) maintains the boards stiffness. The extrusion is also serrated to grip boots better.

Rigid Grab Strap
A new grab strap has just the correct angle and stiffness for leverage and feel.

Flat Gauge
The gauge cluster on the REV-XM console is mounted nearly flat for easy reading during stand-up riding.

Heated Glove Box
Positioned between the gauges and windshield, this new covered 1 gal. storage compartment is warmed by ambient heat from the engine compartment, making it the ideal spot to stash spare goggles or gloves.

REV-XM Body Style
Multiple origami-like surfaces are an evolution of the pure faceted design of the REV-XP, while varied textures add sophistication and interest. "Float" hood panels are functional, with key air ducts underneath. They also hide seams for a very premium look, including an overall positive curve, directional wedge, V hood. and signature facial expression.

REV-XM Side Panels
Side panels for the REV-XM are unique to the sled. They are powder-dynamically shaped to slide through the snow more easily, especially when the sled is on it's side. More rounded front and bottom edges allow for easier roll up in technical maneuvers. For the right mix of light weight and toughness, they are built from polypropylene.

Easy Engine Access
Owners who like to work on their sleds (and dealers) will appreciate how easy they can access the engine compartment. The entire hood/console/headlight/gauge assembly can be removed in minutes.

Dual Air Intake
Air intakes are placed on the side of the headlights, by being very high on the machine, and very vertical, snow build-up is minimized for freer breathing. The intake and manifold design, and a new sound deadener significantly reduce noise to the driver.

Front Bumper
Even the front bumper is shaped to comfortably fit a gloved hand when you need to grab the front end while stuck.

A-Arm/Ski Spindle Boot Grip
REV-XM sleds have boot grips on the A-arm where it attaches to the top of the ski-spindle to provide a forward boot perch. Some riders want to get so far forward in extreme slow speed moves on the sled, that they have one leg on the running board, and another on the top of the ski spindle.

Forward Foot Position
Today's new technical riders want as much room to move around as possible for getting into, and out of unusual positions. The structural "stirrup" and side panel insert of the REV-XM platform are designed so that riders can place their feet eight inches further forward on the running boards, compared to the REV-XP. This places places more weight on the front end, which is key to slow speed maneuvers. In addition to giving the rider more room to operate, this enables the rider to stand on the same axis as the steering post, adding leverage in pulling the sled on it's side.

REV-XM Handlebar Controls
To reduce any interference in acrobatic maneuvers, the handlebar controls are reduced to their absolute minimum, and are exclusive to the REV-XM platform. The left hand control only includes the electric start/RER button (designed to prevent inadvertent activation) and the high beam switch. Hand and throttle warmer switches are relocated out-of-the-way, on the console.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extreme Mountain

Freeride: Extreme off-*trail and deep snow riding.

Freeride

Model:
Freeride
Platform:
REV-XP RS chassis.
Forward steering post.
Engine:
E-Tec 800 163+ HP.
Suspension:
SC-5M-2 rear suspension (154,146" track).
SC-5 rear suspension (137" track).
KYB Pro 40 piggy-back racing shocks.
137 (1.75 in lugs), 146, & 154" (2.5 in lugs) track lengths.

NEW Features!
Available in‐season.
One track option with 146 and 154 versions (371 and 391cm):powderMax II with 2.5‐inch (6.4 cm)lugs.
Standard temperature gauge.
Squadron Green/Day‐glo orange coloration.

FREERIDE SPRING CHOICES
Electric Start (with no rewind starter).
Graphic Wrap (Available as a Spring promotion incentive choice).

Crossover

Renegade: High performance trail riding AND off‐trail boondocking.

Renegade Sport

Model:
Renegade Sport
Platform:
REV-X platform .
Engine:
ACE 600 or 550 Fan.
Suspension:
137 in SC-5m rear suspension with Cobra 137x15x1.25" track.
Motion control shocks.

NEW Features!
REV-XP X seat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renegade Adrenaline

Model:
Renegade Adrenaline
Platform:
REV-X platform .
Engine:
E-Tech 800R, E-Tech 600 HO, or 4-Tec 1200.
Suspension:
137 rMotion rear suspension with RipSaw 137x15x1.25" track.
HPG Plusshocks.

NEW Features!
rMotion rear suspension.
REV-XP X seat.
eDrive pully (on 4-Tec 1200 equipped sleds only).

Renegade X

Model:
Renegade X
Note: Spring order only.
Platform:
REV-XS platform.
Engine:
E-Tech 800R, E-Tech 600 HO.
Suspension:
137 rMotion rear suspension with RipSaw 137x16x1.25 inch track.
HPG Plus R front shocks.
KYB pro 36 rear shock with the HPG Plus center shock.

NEW Features!
REV-XS platform.
137" rMotion rear suspension.
Heated glove box.
Temperature gauge (standard equipment now).
Snow flap.
LED tail light.
Dual air intake.

Renegade X Spring Choices
rMotion quick adjust system.
Electric start.
Ice ripper XT 137x16x1.25 inch track.
Graphic wrap kits.

Model:
Renegade X
Note: Spring order only.
Platform:
REV-XR platform.
Engine:
4-TEC 1200
Suspension:
137 rMotion rear suspension with RipSaw 137x16x1.25 inch track.
HPG Plus R front shocks.
KYB pro 36 rear shock with the HPG Plus center shock.

NEW Features!

eDrive 2 clutch (for 4-Tec 1200 4 stroke engine only).

Renegade X Spring Choices
Ice ripper XT 137x16x1.25 inch track.
Graphic wrap kits.

Optional Sled Wraps

Carbon

Light Flash

Bring It Back

Geo Square

Renegade Backcountry

Model:
Renegade Backcountry
Platform:
REV-XP platform.
Engine:
Suspension:
137 rMotion rear suspension with PowderMax 137x16x1.75 inch track.
HPG Plus front shocks.
HPG rear shocks.

NEW Features!

Renegade Backcountry Spring Choices
Electric start.

Renegade Backcountry X

Model:
Renegade Backcountry X
Platform:
REV-XS platform.
Engine:
Suspension:
137 rMotion rear suspension with PowderMax 137x16x1.75 inch track.
HPG Plus R front shocks.
KYB Pro 36 rear shocks.
HPG Plus center shock

NEW Features!
Forward foot position (same as summit).
Heated glove box.
Temp gauge (standard now).
Snow flap.
LED tail light.
Dual air intake.

Renegade Backcountry Spring Choices
Electric start.
Charger track 137x16x1.5 in.
Graphic wrap.

Optional Sled Wraps

Carbon

Light Flash

Bring It Back

Geo Square

Trail

Economy

MXZ: High performance trail riding, especially rough trails.

MXZ Sport

Model:
MXZ Sport
Platform:
REV-X platform.
Engine:
ACE 600, 600 carb, & 550 Fan.
Suspension:
SC-5 rear suspension with RipSaw 120x15x1.25 (1.0 with ACE 600) inch track.
Motion control shocks.
Spring Choices
Electric start (600 carb & 550 fan engines. Standard with ACE 600)

MXZ TNT

Model:
MXZ TNT
Platforms:
REV-XS (E-Tec 800R), REV-XP (E-Tec 600 HO) & REV-XR(4-Tec 1200) platforms.
Engines:
E-Tec 800R, E-Tec 600 HO, & 4-Tec 1200.
Suspension:
rMotion rear suspension with RipSaw 120x15x1.25 inch track.
HPG Plus shocks front & rear.

NEW Features!
REV-XS platform.
Heated Glove box (800 E-Tec).
Snow flap (800 E-Tec).
LED taillight (800 E-Tec).
Electric start standard now (800 E-Tec).

Performance

MXZ-X

Model:
MXZ X
(Spring order only)
Platforms:
REV-XS (E-Tec 800R) & (E-Tec 600 HO) & REV-XR (4-Tec 1200) platforms.
Engines:
E-Tec 800R, E-Tec 600 HO, & 4-Tec 1200.
Suspension:
Premium shock package (HPG Plus shocks front & center & KYB Pro 36 shocks rear featuring Easy Adjustment Knob).

NEW Features!
REV-XS platform.
Heated Glove box (E-Tec).
Snow flap (E-Tec).
LED taillight (E-Tec).
Electric start standard now (800 E-Tec).
Temperature gauge standard.

Spring Choices
Electric start (E-Tec).
Ice Ripper XT track 120x15x1.25 in.

Optional Sled Wraps.

Carbon

Light Flash

Bring It Back

Geo Square

MXZ-XRS

Model:
MXZ X-RS
Platforms:
REV-XP RS chassis.
Forward steering post.
Engines:
E-Tec 800R, E-Tec 600 HO.
Suspension:
KYB Pro 40 piggy-back racing shocks, featuring Easy Adjustment Compression Damping Knob on all four shocks.
NEW Features!
Electric start standard with E-Tec 600.
Temperature gauge standard.
Revamped premium handlebar controls.

Spring Choices
Electric start (E-Tec 800).

Performance Touring & Trail

GSX: High performance groomed trail riding with luxury features.

GSX-LE

Model:
GSX LE
Platforms:
REV-XP (with E-Tec 600) & REV XR (with 4-Tec 1200) platform.
Engine:
E-Tec 600 HO & 4-Tec 1200 delivering 130HP.
Suspension:
SC-5 rear suspension with RipSaw 120x15x1.25 inch track.
Sport performance shock package ( HPG front shocks, Motion control center shock, and HPG-VR rear shock).
NEW Features!

GSX-SE

Model:
GSX SE
Platform:
REV-XR platform.
Engine:
E-Tec 800R, E-Tec 600 HO & 4-Tec 1200.
Suspension:
SC-5 137 rear suspension with RipSaw 137x15x1.25 inch track.
Air Control Suspension (ACS).
HPG front & center shocks.

NEW Features!
Magnesium coloration with orange accents.

Luxury Touring & Trail

Grand Touring: Luxurious and comfortable groomed trail riding with a passenger.

Grand Touring Sport

Model:
Grand Touring Sport
Platform:
REV-XP platform.
Engine:
ACE 600, 600 Carb, 550 Fan.
Suspension:
SC-5M rear suspension with 137x15x1 inch track.
Motion Control shocks.
NEW Features!
White/black coloration.

Grand Touring LE

Model:
Grand Touring LE
Platform:
REV-XR platform.
Engine:
E-Tec 600 HO & 4-Tec 1200.
Suspension:
SC-5M rear suspension with SilenTrack 137x15x1 inch track.
HPG front shocks.
HPG-VR rear shock.
NEW Features!
White/black coloration.

Grand Touring SE

Model:
Grand Touring SE
Platform:
REV-XR platform.
Engine:
4-Tec 1200 delivering 130HP.
Suspension:
SC-5 rear suspension with SilenTrack 137x15x1 inch track.
Air Control Suspension (ACS).
HPG front shocks.
HPG center shock.
NEW Features!
Hybrid white coloration choice.

Utility

Pleasure Utility

Expedition: Ride trails for pleasure, off-*‐trail exploring, work tasks.

Expedition

Models:
SE (Spring Only), LE & Sport.
Platforms:
SE in REV-XU, LE in REV-XU, Sport in XP.
Engine:
SE & LE either E-tec 600 or 4-Tec 1200, Sport either Ace 600 or 550 Fan.
Suspension:
SE & LE, SC-5U Suspension with 154x20x1.25track.
Sport, SC-5U rear suspension with 154x16x1.5in. track.
SE has (ACS) Air control suspension,Motion control HPG shocks, Dual A-arm front suspension.
LE has Dual A-Arm front suspension, HPG Front center shocks.

Note: SE SPRING ORDER ONLY.
NEW Features!

eDrive 2 drive pulley(4-*‐TEC 1200 engine choice).
Windshield mirrors.(SE)
One*piece windshield.(SE)
Upgraded appearance:(SE)

Light Utility

Tundra: Light utility; deep snow riding.

Tundra

Models:
Tundra Extreme,Tundra LT, & Tundra Sport.
Platforms:
Tundra Extreme, Tundra LT, Tundra Sport in REV-X & Tundra body style.
Engine:
Tundra Extreme has E-Tec 600, Tundra LT & Tundra Sport either Ace 600 or 550 Fan.
Suspension:
Tundra Extrme has SC-5U Suspension with 154x16x2.25 powder max track.
Tundra LT has SC-5U rear suspension with 154x16x1.5in. track.
Tundra Sport has SC-5U rear suspension with 137x16x1.25in. track.
All have a 32 inch wide ski stance.

NEW Features!

eDrive 2 drive pulley(Rotac Ace 600 engine choice).

Heavy Duty Utility

Skandic: Utility applications.

Skandic

Models:
SWT, WT.
Platforms:
SWT & WT in REV-X platform, with the Skandic body style.
Engine:
SWT has E-Tec 600 or Ace 600 & WT either E-Tec 600, Ace 600 or 550 Fan.
Suspension:
SWT has SC-5U Suspension with 154x24x1.25 track.
WT has SC-5U rear suspension with 154x20x1.5in. track.
Both have the LTS front suspension.

Youth

No specific model yet.

Premium Features