• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Chassis

S

summitman

Oct 9, 2001
stanley, ND
www.prairieford.com
Maybe this has been posted already, but......I've been nosing around for a new Etec, after wrecking my 10 XP. I was just told from a reliable source in the Doo camp that there will be a new chassis for 2012. It will be anounced around the 3rd week of Feb.

I know, I know....worthless with out pictures, I dont have a clue what its gonna look like.

Does anyone know anything more???

Pro Wrench

Lifetime Membership
Aug 4, 2002
Rapid City S.D.
I have seen pictures of how you take care of your stuff. Why would you want to do this to a brand new chassis? You should be looking at the old S chassis it is much tougher and would suit your needs better. Just trying to help you Matt.lol

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Well, Doo does seem to change their chassis every 4 years so it wouldn't be out of line to believe they will come out with a new chassis. Not really of interest to me but possible.

S

summitman

Oct 9, 2001
stanley, ND
www.prairieford.com
I have seen pictures of how you take care of your stuff. Why would you want to do this to a brand new chassis? You should be looking at the old S chassis it is much tougher and would suit your needs better. Just trying to help you Matt.lol
I gots MAD skills Paul. Your just jelous that you can't or have never tried to catapolt a 22' enclosed trailer off the ball hitch of your truck, 150' through the air, and not roll/damage the truck.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Maybe this has been posted already, but......I've been nosing around for a new Etec, after wrecking my 10 XP. I was just told from a reliable source in the Doo camp that there will be a new chassis for 2012. It will be anounced around the 3rd week of Feb.

I know, I know....worthless with out pictures, I dont have a clue what its gonna look like.

Does anyone know anything more???

Hope your correct, The XP is a great trail chassis without any usable foot-wells other than for sitting . A Mountain specific chassis is hopefully in the works

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
That would be cool.. ill be buying next year. I like the doo but i want a more flingable sled. The pol pro has me looking but im a big guy and it doesnt have enuff hp. Cat has a good motor and a all new 2012 from them will be interesting fer sure. Nice to finally have some good choices.

In 35 years of owning sleds ive never had a pol....:face-icon-small-sho. I wanted a tx 440 or a txl 340 sooooo bad in a late 70s:face-icon-small-win

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
XP is an awesome mountain sled! it's biggest weakness is in shallow powder, not the deep stuff or in climbing. And WTF do you need footwells for in mountain riding? Never seen Burandt or any of the other pros with their feet in the wells.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
XP is an awesome mountain sled! it's biggest weakness is in shallow powder, not the deep stuff or in climbing. And WTF do you need footwells for in mountain riding? Never seen Burandt or any of the other pros with their feet in the wells.

Sorry gotta disagree, footwells specific for mountain riding would be awesome, thats I believe what byeats is saying, and I think its dead on. Polaris went that way on the Pro, but its a mountain sled first, XP is still in conversion mode.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
i dont see doo coming out with a new chassie untill 2013,but who knows wouldnt surprise me if they do.i do agree you cant go wrong with the 2011 its an awsome mountain machine.

Pro Wrench

Lifetime Membership
Aug 4, 2002
Rapid City S.D.
I gots MAD skills Paul. Your just jelous that you can't or have never tried to catapolt a 22' enclosed trailer off the ball hitch of your truck, 150' through the air, and not roll/damage the truck.

If you had mad skills you would have saved the sleds and trailer. The pickup was just a Ford so no big loss there.lmao

H

highmark289

Feb 11, 2008
columbia falls MT
If you had mad skills you would have saved the sleds and trailer. The pickup was just a Ford so no big loss there.lmao

this dude must drive a chevy or ate paint chips as a kid.... i tell ya what, fords have been the best selling trucks from over 28 years! not to mention didnt drain are country and take a bail out for the govt.

but on the new chassis deal. i say we need a new chassis. i love my xp but we need to stay cutting edge on the comp.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
conversion mode??? poo followed doo's design.

LOL. Thats why XP went narrower right, c'mon, its a good sled but its essentially a tweaked and improved 2004 Rev skid, which started as a trail sled modded for mountain riding. They can and will come out soon with better.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I got say! I have hated the XP till now!

Rode the 2011 E-tech in Island Park this past weekend, AND THAT IS ONE SWEET SLED! Power, performance and amenities! It had it all!

That XP could sidehill!

I dont see them scrapping a sled that works that good!

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
some guys that own the Pro are complaining about the foot wells on the machine.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
As mentioned above, the only time I see people having trouble with the XP is when the snow is not deep. I've seen guys especially newbies that want to carve everywhere trying to lay it over in 6 inches of snow. Just sit down and ride the damn thing, why are you trying to carve? When the snow gets deep and you have to carve, the XP carves so easy a caveman could do it. I never understood all the negative comments about handling, I love mine and it's an 09. Carves like butta.

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
new chassis

I think that there will be a new chassis. I know it is made but idk if it will be in all sleds or just mountain or just trail.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
My buddy rides a Pro, and he doesn't like the footwells on it. His foot gets stuck in them sometimes, and he got dragged a ways once. I agree on the sidehilling thing though. These 2011's sidehill and lay over like crazy. Those whiners that say an XP won't sidehill don't know how to ride a sled, and are using that lame excuse as a crutch.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
FOOT WELLS come on guys if u cant keep your feet on the running boards u might want to stay on the trails. I will say that there running boards r shatty and that snow eliminaters or air frame style boards should be on the new chassis, stock drop and roll, belt drive, at least 2.5" tracks 3" on the x, with factory turbo or get these sleds to 200 hp doesnt madder how and maybe on the x mt sleds make them out of carbon fiber or titanium, then sell them for 20-25000. skidoo should be watching what all these aftermarket guys r doing and building and maybe take some notes, and is it to much to ask for a stock 174. Maybe dont worry about putting guages and better front suspention on the x and focus on stuff that will get u higher, but what would i know i just buy there expensive flat land sleds and then dump a large pile of cash on them until they look like they can climb somewhere:spider::cheer2:

Premium Features