• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

worked a 860 today with the etec

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
found some good snow today in montana, and was out with some olders revs and 860s, we found a nice hill in two feet of powder and streched the legs a little

by the end of the day it was commented on that the 860 that was running good, but could not do what the etec was doing... the bb was from idaho, they both had the same track, but one was ported

etec had a can from tss and a ypipe from slp, two grams above stock on primary, clciker three

as to compare to the 880, it will need a bigger track to even get close

hope to have the 3 inch on for mid january

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
found some good snow today in montana, and was out with some olders revs and 860s, we found a nice hill in two feet of powder and streched the legs a little

by the end of the day it was commented on that the 860 that was running good, but could not do what the etec was doing... the bb was from idaho, they both had the same track, but one was ported

etec had a can from tss and a ypipe from slp, two grams above stock on primary, clciker three

The

Last edited:
T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
So the 860 is good but can't keep up with the Etech, and the 880 is miles beyond both of them? That's some 880:face-icon-small-win

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

we just got back from serious deep snow and cold temps and had an 08.09,10 and a 11 and my 07 880. The E tech is a very nice sled and does do better than the stock 08/10 and better than the ill tuned 860. Not even close to the 880 . In fact my buddy with the E tech wants me to help him build a Mod 880 from is standby 08 sled. Hes a good rider and will know how to use the extra power. The 880 flat rocks but like any BB. They need tuned and clutched properly and most I,ve seen are not even close.I agree with many complaints that the Mod BB isnt any better than a stocker when there not set up correctly.

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Well Fred I don't like cornflakes so I could give a crap less what you do. That being said a Etech might be close to the horsepower of a poorly running 860 but nowhere near a tuned one. I would like to see your best Etech go up against Kelsey's (Rk tek) own 860.:closed_2:

Last edited:
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Well Fred I don't like cornflakes so I could give a crap less what you do. That being said a Etech might me close to the horsepower of a poorly running 860 but nowhere near a tuned one. I would like to see your best Etech go up against Kelsey's (Rk tek) own 860.:closed_2:

ME too..

Tell ya what.. You come down.. if your Etec is even in the same league as the 860 (either of them) I'll pay all your expenses and I will get out of the performance business !!!!... You can't lose!!!!! When ya coming??..

OR we can run for pinks!!!.. Your call..

Seriously: The ETECs are a great sled, so far... I have ridden them in the steep and deep and they do pretty good... But they are not even close to a WELL TUNED 860... Poorly tuned big bores are just that.. poorly tuned... Well tuned (to recommended specs) are a whole differnt animal... Same goes for stocker sleds.. It is all about the state of tune...

Let me know the date... Snow is deep!!!

EDIT: It is obvious that Fredw is insinuating that the 860 is an RK Tek 860.. hence the reason for my "tone" not to mention this Fredw.. "Super Tuned 880 beats everything thing" has been going on for a long time..and I would be a liar if I said it was not starting to wear on me.. Last season, STOCK Xp's were beating 860's (according to Fred) and now Etecs..

Hopefullly, nobody else is offended.. In any case.. I would love to see this unbeatable ETEC and 880...wouldn't you guys??

Last edited:

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Heck I might have to cancel a trip to Cooke to go to Idaho to take part in this? Lets call it a date!

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
ME too.. PLEASE Fred.. com work mine over... PLEASE!!!

Tell ya what.. You come down.. if your Etec is even in the same league as the 860 (either of them) I'll pay all your expenses and I will get out of the performance business !!!!... You can't lose!!!!! When ya coming??..

OR we can run for pinks!!!.. Your call..
Let me know the date... Snow is deep!!!

EDIT: It is obvious that Fredw is insinuating that the 860 is an RK Tek 860.. hence the reason for my "tone" not to mention this Fredw.. "Super tuned 880 thing" has been going on for a long time..and I would be a liar if I said it was not starting to wear on me..

Hopefullly, nobody else is offended.. In any case.. I would love to see this unbeatable ETEC and 880...

Kelsey its the same thing all the time as you well know . This person has this and is a piece of crap compared to mine and blah, blah.
I have your work and it works well as you know and i am keeping it . I bought a sled with a 880 already in it so will try it to see what the hype is. You most likely already know as you have tried these things iam sure as that is what performance minded people do.
Hope to hear the out come of the call out, seems like a no brainer!

Cheers :face-icon-small-hap

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sonic-Where do you fit in all of this? I see you are from the same town as good 'old Fred.....you guys ride together or what? Maybe its your sled he is putting down???? I am sure that 880 with the single pipe still runs way better than a 860 with twins! :face-icon-small-ton

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
we just got back from serious deep snow and cold temps and had an 08.09,10 and a 11 and my 07 880. The E tech is a very nice sled and does do better than the stock 08/10 and better than the ill tuned 860. Not even close to the 880 . In fact my buddy with the E tech wants me to help him build a Mod 880 from is standby 08 sled. Hes a good rider and will know how to use the extra power. The 880 flat rocks but like any BB. They need tuned and clutched properly and most I,ve seen are not even close.I agree with many complaints that the Mod BB isnt any better than a stocker when there not set up correctly.

Bob, your honest opinion comparing YOUR TUNED 860 (not 880) to the Etec?

S

sonic

Oct 26, 2008
Medicine Hat
kelsey.dont mean to step on your toes.fred .im running an860 built by rk tek.so ill save keksey some money .if the etech or theeeeeeeee88///// is the f....ing good lets get it done.any body out there need an 88//////// for there kid.

H
Apr 29, 2010
Sonic-Where do you fit in all of this? I see you are from the same town as good 'old Fred.....you guys ride together or what? Maybe its your sled he is putting down???? I am sure that 880 with the single pipe still runs way better than a 860 with twins! :face-icon-small-ton

All i can say is i ride with sonic on the regular and Fred w IS NOT a riding partner of ours, if he were a riding partner of ours the 860 vs 880 or etec would be dead a long time ago and freds ego would be short lived, just like freds first few 880's :face-icon-small-sad. Hey fred ive got an 860 here with twins wanna get it on...............................Any time :amen:

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
a couple years ago I went with the guy that invented the attitude chip for arctic cat. It was on a m1000 cutler built. It ran really badly.
This guy told us to meet him at his test hill. I think my old 96 cummins could have climbed this hill that he was so proud of. It was literally something I would not even think of as a hill. If it was pure ice I don't think my son could have rode his tube down it.
So I am wondering what kind of riding some people that post on here do, such as fredw.

Premium Features