• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-doo, im in shock!

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
so i just found out what ski doo has coming out in january and OMG i just about fell over!!! arctic cat and polaris be AFRAID VERY AFRAID!!! all us mountain guys are in for a treat!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Thats been the rumor. Heard it was two stroke. Anybody on here friends with the Hillclimb ski doo X team?

S
Aug 31, 2008
Hot Springs, SD
my brother in law was in tog last weekend and there was a bunch of 2012 cats out test riding all covered up and secretive. he heard that 2012 cats have a turbo option from the factory

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
Skidoo has a supercharged 4 stroke coming out in the mtn chassis. They are in sicamous testing as we speak. Lookin to release late jan or early feb. Power to be just above the arctic cat zl1.... 200ish. I would like to see what arctic cat hasw cookin up though personally.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Skidoo has a supercharged 4 stroke coming out in the mtn chassis. They are in sicamous testing as we speak. Lookin to release late jan or early feb. Power to be just above the arctic cat zl1.... 200ish. I would like to see what arctic cat hasw cookin up though personally.

There's a few 2-stroke ripchargers in the valley to compare with right now. Weight is still #1 importance for me and 4-strokes.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
If it's a boosted 4 stoker, that's a huge let down. Those are so yesterday. Now a boosted 600 or 800 2 stoker or a big block, then we have something to take about. As long as it doesn't weigh the same as the old RT 1000 did.

S
Dec 2, 2007
Cottonwood
Don't get caught up in the hype

Go over to DT too, it's all ridiculous Hype.
Hey, I've always been a Doo guy. I have been caught up in all the New model year release bs previously i.e. Mach z 1000, 07' 800r in the Rev Chassis, 08' XP. I have made that "must have" mistake too many times to care anymore. I for one, will not be buying any new sled either new motor or chassis until BRP does their own testing/tuning.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Guys, I got to spend the weekend with the doo snox team out here..

There is a new 180 class 2 stroke coming this winter, late but this winter..

of course its etech but no turbo ,, they like them but not enuf to be the first to offer one on a 2 stroke until there are at least 20,000 spare e tech engines on hand for replacement !!!!!( just funning,,easy aero guys):humble:

They are trying to get the injector pricing down to 3-400 each too,,( that is serious though ) at this time its much higher....

anytime you burn or deto a psiton it fouls the injector tip. luckily they are working very hard to make the price come down..:face-icon-small-hap

Gus

800HMX

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2002
Okotoks, AB
I was surprised to hear BRP is offering a single ski option on their new chassis. I wonder if it will really help with sidehilling.

2012 XP Alpine Edition

Last edited:
Premium Features