• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Sled boot I've Ever owned: HMK Team Boa Focus

V
Mar 29, 2008
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this gem. HMK has hit it out of the park on this new boot. I was lucky enough to receive a set late last season, and man is it the sweetest thing I have ever ridden in to date.

Background/riding style: 26 years old, 10+ years riding, Utah home, boondocking / jumping is my game. 400+ miles on new boots.

I have always been a fan of "snowboard" style boots, I hate anything less. Sorry, but I need the support of a real boot, and the smaller boots on the market never make the cut. Snowboard style with removable liners and stiffer outers seem to work best for my style of riding. These things are sweet, not super stiff like a snowboard boot, but all the support for the old ankles. Got to hand it to the guys for teaming up with intuition liners too, they mold to your feet real nice, feels like a slipper.

Warm, and really dry. All day pow rides will leave your feet toasty warm with no moisture inside, something my snowboard boots never did for me. And on top of that, Vibram soles (aka the stickest stuff on the market, and still durable.) The new dual boa is sweet to, I can finally get that super tight fit on my leg, and not have my foot crunched. The upper boa also has a nice lock type deal, makes it so it cant release when riding.

Overall I give these boots a 9/10, only thing that holds me back from a 10/10 is they dont come in some crazy colors, I want some Nike 6.0 styles!!!

Long and short, your silly to ride in anything else if you ask me! (Well, thats my 2 cents at least!)

http://www.hmkusa.com/category/Boots-(Waterproof)
Team-Focus-SMALL.gif

Last edited:
S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Wow...how's the siezes on thees boots? I normally use 13 1/2 or 14 and heard that the HMK boots are small in sieze(?)

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Wow...how's the siezes on thees boots? I normally use 13 1/2 or 14 and heard that the HMK boots are small in sieze(?)

Might be worth a call to HMK on that. I know the prior version of the Boa Focus I have run two sizes smaller. I wear a size 13 and in my Pro Boa's I wear a 15.

As long as the new boots stay dry I think they will be a great boot. But my first version will leak on a deep powder day on the top of the toe from my REV.

V
Mar 29, 2008
They are super dry.

I'm a size 11.5 in a Nike or DC shoe, and wear the 11 boot just fine.

The size chart on the website seems pretty close to me.

Premium Features