• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski stance?

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
my sled has the stock ZL front suspension, with the 43" ski stance, and wanted to know if i can make the ski stance narrower. i can carve and sidehill with it but i think if i had a narrower ski stance from a PS (37") for example the sled would tip over easier. can i just buy the front suspension and steering assembly from a PS? thanks for any info:beer;

zackspicsmy500019.jpg

as you can see from the picture the ski stance is pretty wide

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
thanks for the input.

do i just need to buy the A-arms, spindles and shocks? not sure on what i need for this. I'm also going to buy some powder pro's probably because it has the stock 4 5/8" wide skis on there.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Spindles are the same, shock may work, but you'll sit high (that's how I have my 09 set up, long shocks, short arms, I love it) and you'll need the tie rods, they'll be a different length.

The easiest thing to do would be to switch the full setup with someone looking to go wider, that may be possible. Try posting it here & on arcticchat, lots of older sleds on there.

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
sounds like a good idea to keep the same shocks, would have a higher center of gravity and the sled would tip over easier probably. would be great to just swap em out with somebody but my a-arms are a little bent after i hit a tree, don't think they would want that.

Last edited:

kevinhoglund

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stanwood, Wa
sounds like a good idea to keep the same shocks, would have a higher center of gravity and the sled would tip over easier probably. would be great to just swap em out with somebody but my a-arms are a little bent after i hit a tree, don't think they would want that.

I may have a arms off a 98 ps. How bad are your arms. I have new shocks I bought and will see if the work for the 37" stance. I not lets talk.

J

jgigot

Oct 26, 2009
A Arm and Shocks For PS

Hello
Did you find shocks and A arms? If not I have a set off a 99 powder spiecal? jgigot

Premium Features