• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOT NEW PRODUCT - XP Air Frame Running Boards

Y

yamahaboy701

Oct 15, 2008
I'm in the middle of putting these on my sled right now. I have only riveted one side on and I can tell you they are way strong then the stock boards. Very excited to try them out this year.

Also mine are a bit different then pictures above. The chaincase side boards do not have that weird bend before the chaincase. The inner tube is straight the whole length.

Air rivet gun and a dremel will also be your friend when putting these on besides the tools listed in the instructions. Also if you have a black tunnel and order the black boards they come with nice black rivets to match but get a black paint pen because when you cut the stock running boards off the edge is raw looking and sticks out pretty good.

Last edited:

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
I'm in the middle of putting these on my sled right now. I have only riveted one side on and I can tell you they are way strong then the stock boards. Very excited to try them out this year.

Also mine are a bit different then pictures above. The chaincase side boards do not have that weird bend before the chaincase. The inner tube is straight the whole length.

Air rivet gun and a dremel will also be your friend when putting these on besides the tools listed in the instructions. Also if you have a black tunnel and order the black boards they come with nice black rivets to match but get a black paint pen because when you cut the stock running boards off the edge is raw looking and sticks out pretty good.

Show us some pics when it is done!!!!

Y

yamahaboy701

Oct 15, 2008
So.... What do you think of them? They look great!!!

They worked around the yard for a few laps. :face-icon-small-ton

I have a feeling my boots are going to take a beating this year with all those screws but I am sure it will be worth the grip. Also falling off the side of the sled and trying to grab onto it will not be an option any more. Those screws will rip up gloves and pants in no time.

Would recommend a spring loaded punch to the tools list. A hammer and punch will work but that got old fast. Spring loaded will take 10 minutes a side at most.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Had a set ordered for my Freeride from my local dealer. Got tired of waiting and went with black better boards. Wow, they were in stock. Will have them this week.:face-icon-small-hap

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
The only problem is better boards and WRP aren't even in the same league from what i hear. I have had both better boards(Nytro) and WRP wide boards (Summit) and have been impressed with snow removal, But both of them were bent horrible after one ride. Thinking about going with the Air Frames for my summit but i am told WRP is working on a stronger set for my XP so i will probably give them a second try since the Air Frames are back ordered.

M

mchonda2

Apr 14, 2008
Oregon
I have the skinz on my xp and they are way stronger then the stock boards and i weigh 220lbs. I would not own any other board that is on the market at this time!

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Started installing mine today. All I can say is that they are way stronger than the stock ones. Even with them clamped standing on them and the other side stock there is no question they are going to be strong.

Last edited:
D
Jan 11, 2011
I have them on my xp 154 im a big boy & I can say these are way stronger than stock
dont get snow build up at all get stuck less from trenching as they push trough the snow tracion on the boards is great your boots never sliip install is prety straight forward took me about 6 hours You wont be disapointed with theese boards
they look great every one likes them

E
Oct 5, 2009
I put a set of airframes on my 201 XP after my buddy t-boned me in wyoming last year. They are a little spendy but they are very well built, have great fit and finish and are very strong. I am not nice to my sleds and they were put through the ringer last season. There is virtually no snow build up and they dont tear up your boots as bad as you would think because you arent having to kick the boards to clear snow.

I had them on my sled two weeks last year, and two good buddies of mine decided to put them on their xp's after seeing how well they worked. I put em on my new '11 as well.

Premium Features