• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOT NEW PRODUCT - XP Air Frame Running Boards

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Im trying to figure out if the main bar is much higher than the cross bar , so your foot doesnt slide out/off. Can you find a pic of the connection? thnx sj

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
xp

Wow great job and idea, I believe I will be building some sleds with these.
Cost on your site is $439 correct? Are the Black PC the same price?

R
Nov 26, 2007
Figure out a way to run the coolant through there and you'd have an amazing product. Looks good either way.

Rt

that is EXACTLY what I was thinking..It would be done over market cornered!

Now tell your supplier to get to work on some of these for the M series sleds.:director:

R
Nov 26, 2007
Why?
This is me letting my imagination go so bear with me, but I think its doable and has probly already been done. Being able to run coolant through the boards or outer rail like some vanamburg tunnels would allow you to run two coolant systems. The tunnel cooler for your engine and then utilize the boards or outer rail cooler for something like say.....a water-to-air intercooler for a turbo.

I know I'm not the only one who has thought of somthing along these lines.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I slam my rails so hard against trees I couldn't imagine running something as important as coolant thru them?

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
me too....send me a free pair and I will test them to the limit and post up an unbiased video review:face-icon-small-coo

:face-icon-small-hap

That's exactly where I was going with my post!:face-icon-small-coo

Figure out a way to run the coolant through there and you'd have an amazing product. Looks good either way.

Rt

Exactly what I was thinking.....Why? Older ploaris used to run a coolant line through the edge of the footrest. I think there is probably a reason why they stopped doing it.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Not my call but I'm impressed that they came in under $500. There is a TON of welding and machining on these to get them right. Labor is where all the cost is on these but IMO worth every penny.

Nice boards. Will the final production units be manufactured in the USA or overseas??

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
Those are some amazing boards. My question is weight, plus or minus and how much ?

Good Luck

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Nice boards. Will the final production units be manufactured in the USA or overseas??

U.S.A - MN

Those are some amazing boards. My question is weight, plus or minus and how much ?

Good Luck

They will be heavier than stock, this product isn't meant to shed weight but improve your running boards. Now if you took into consideration all the snow and ice that normally builds up on your boards and what that weights you are shedding weight.

S

smileyz

Oct 18, 2008
Lehi, Utah
These look nice... I'm glade I haven't mounted the WRP TUFF Boards I just bought. I think I might have to sale them now and pick a set of these up.

Have the installation instructions you could post up or e-mail?

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Skinz has been hard at work developing the next generation of running boards for the serious rider. Constructed of aluminum and available in black or polished (custom colors available). Running boards come with ice studs which allows you to install as many as you want and place them yourself. (Drill bit included)

Mounts to stock locations.

Retail $449.95

http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=758

Delivery is 4-6 weeks now since it has just been released.

Fits 2008-2011 Ski Doo XP 146" and longer snowmobiles.

SPGSkiDooAirFrameRunningBoardsPic1.jpg

SPGSkiDooAirFrameRunningBoardsPic2.jpg

SPGSkiDooAirFrameRunningBoardsPic3.jpg

SPGSkiDooAirFrameRunningBoardsPic4.jpg

I want...

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Very nice looking product! Would like to know how long they take to install. Anyone done yet? Step by step pics would be great.

Premium Features