• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Narrower stance?? Losing Travel?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Exactly the reason i asked the rep at the expo if they had changed the shock length. He couldnt give me an honest answer, just told me what he thought i wanted to hear. I suspect they may have stuck with the standard length shock as the 39.5'' stance on the previous models, but..........Maybe i should start a thread on the shock length for these narrow arms.

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
With the new narrower stance, one would assume you are losing SOME travel. Unless they have brought in the upper mounting points some on the bulkhead? Anyone know anything?

Rode the new one Wednesday, and on the bumps could not notice any problem with travel. It handles great. It does have new shocks, but I do not know if they are diferent length..

M

Maxwe

Dec 1, 2007
Alberta
I rode one this week. I didnt pick up on the shock length either. It seem to ride the same or very close. It was easier to side hill than the 09 we had with us.

Premium Features