• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally! An affordable rear suspension upgrade for '08-'09 XP's

all4doo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2010
NW Montana
so does anyone actually have any seat time on any one of these kits (even road riding) to compare with the stock '08-'09 setup?

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Front Idlers can still be ran but new holes need to be drilled about 3/4" back from the stock ones.

The shock is rebuild-able. It comes with all Fox components so parts are readily accessible.

As far as ride time on the kit...well it has the same dimensions as the stock 2010 XP, same shock rebound and dampening, same shock travel and same shock mount locations (with the new bracket) so for me it was a pretty easy choice.

According to the 08 and 2010 parts list, the rocker and the shock is the only part that is different on the front arm. does this kit have a different rocker?

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
REAR SKID

Am checking websites, how bout a link to Xtreme Perf. I delt w/ them years ago on the 02 Summit carb setup w/ Donovan Facey, but he's now RMXtreme Perf. and can't find any link to this skid setup. All the other Xtreme Perf. sites are bikes and other asst. bs.
Thanx!!

Will check w/ Tom's when the times comes to address this, he sounds like an A-1 supplier also. Seen his Doo susp. setups listed for years.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR WWW.XTREMEAIR.COM

R

revtech100

Oct 13, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I just ordered one tonight. I'm really frustrated with my 09's handling. Anyway, Tom with Xtreme answered all my questions tonight and responded to my emails within minutes. Great service from my perspective. We'll get it installed and get out in a few weeks. I'll report back on what it's like. I also have an 09 with the Timbersled suspension and will be able to do a side x side comparison.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Just put the 2010 rails on my 2008 xp. I drilled the 08 front shock mounting hole and put the 08 shock on until I find a 10 shock. I compared all the parts between the 2 yrs. and compared rails. The 10 rails have the front lower shock hole .85 in. back and have a different attack angle. The 08 front shock is 13 in. long. On the 08 when the front shock is at full extention the limiter strap is barely doing anything(second hole) If I put the 10 front shock on, it will only drop the front a bit and the parts book said that the limiter straps are the same number. Might get one hole? I really not see much of a difference than Teth-Air mod, and its free.(except attack angle)

S
Nov 29, 2007
Roseville, CA
I ordered a kit from Extreme vents and put it on last night. All fit well and definitely saw a difference in the height and stiffness. Sled didn't squat as usual when i jumped on. Tunnel came back up when I got off. Looks and fits like good quality stuff. Riding on it tomorrow and will post results.

R

revtech100

Oct 13, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I ordered a kit from Extreme vents and put it on last night. All fit well and definitely saw a difference in the height and stiffness. Sled didn't squat as usual when i jumped on. Tunnel came back up when I got off. Looks and fits like good quality stuff. Riding on it tomorrow and will post results.

I just finished putting mine on. All fit good except those frikken bottom bolts for the relocated idlers. What's the secret to getting those in? Pull the skid? Dang.......

Can't wait to get out on it and see how it works.....

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I just finished putting mine on. All fit good except those frikken bottom bolts for the relocated idlers. What's the secret to getting those in? Pull the skid? Dang.......

Can't wait to get out on it and see how it works.....

pull the idlers and the plastic shield off the brackets first then install the bolts.

S
Nov 29, 2007
Roseville, CA
So I rode about 50 miles yesterday with the Xtreme air vents kit. Some in powder and some on trail. Significant improvement. Rolls easier, sidehills better, and resists bottoming on the trail better than stock. I did still bottom out some, and had to add quite a bit of pre load to the spring. It did seem to have a lot of ski lift when climbing and had to let off the throttle to get the front end down. I'm thinking that I have the limiter strap too loose. I had it on the second to longest adjustment and will definitely take it up more and see what happens. I may also look for a stiffer spring since I weigh 210 lbs. All in all, I'm happy with the performance and I am confident that it can be set up right with a little more tuning. I was in a hurry and have not put the idler wheels on yet so can't help anyone there.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
There is a much cheaper way to do this mod, check my other thread http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238232 It can be done for under $200 plus the valving in the rear skid shock would be correct. If you just change the front skid shock the valving is then incorrect for the rear shock.

I am not going to bother putting my idlers back in at all, they are so close to the back idlers if I move them back that I don't think it will do anything more than the wheels already there. When I move them forward of the shock to see how that looks I don't like it either.

There are many skids out there that don't run any bogey wheels inside the track and with scratchers it should be fine when having to ride hard pack.

Last edited:

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
rear shock

where can a guy get the valves for the valve change on the rear X shock?? for thoughs of us who already did the front one already

S

skyler.hager

Oct 13, 2009
so i guess i missed the memo... why are you guys upgrading to this kit? seems like my suspension on my 08 seems to work great. what are the benefits of this '10 kit?

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
well i really liked this thread, i did a bunch of research in a very short time period and i ended up ordering the complete shock kit for the rear and his cold air intake from xtreme air vents, i'll post some pics of the install and let you know how it works as we are off to the pine pass at the end of the month.

Thanks for everyones imput.

my wife is gonna kill me when she sees this bill roll in.

Premium Features