• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR860 vs RK860

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Lets not start a new tangent of bickering about bickering. A total waste of time.

I don't feel my question was answered, but I'm Ok with that, I'm content to let this thread die.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
I don't feel my question was answered, but I'm Ok with that, I'm content to let this thread die.

I believe it was answered here

"RKT numbers ...there his numbers (his porting, domes, timing, base gasket, valve cut, piston cut) from his R/D...my numbers are from my dyno...if I dynod on his and his on mine who knows...dynos #'s can/are different..."

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Boss

I agree with that, but it's sort of like saying here is how you make a chocolate cake. Add some shortening, some flour, some sugar, some salt, some chocolate and some baking powder. Without the quantity/variations and variables in quality of the components you can get anything from a brown brick that is inedible to down right delicious.

I wanted to know exactly what they were doing differently to arrive at what they thought was the best performance. I wasn't looking for any trade secrets, just all the know facts and variables and how they effected performance.

For one reason or another they don't seem willing to provide that detailed info (that is their prerogative), and I have no desire to "goad" them into it. Their answers may have answered what some others wanted, it just wasn't what I was looking for, and I'm OK with that.

This will be my last post on this thread.

Last edited:

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
Boss

I agree with that, but it's sort of like saying here is how you make a chocolate cake. Add some shortening, some flour, some sugar, some salt, some chocolate and some baking powder. Without the quantity/variations and variables in quality of the components you can get anything from a brown brick that is inedible to down right delicious.

I wanted to know exactly what they were doing differently to arrive at what they thought was the best performance. I wasn't looking for any trade secrets, just all the know facts and variables and how they effected performance.

Seriously, you don't expect these guys to tell you everything that they do for free do you? If you want exact settings and set-ups call the men, pay them for their knowledge, they spend a lot of money and time perfecting their stuff and no one should expect them to give that away.

It's like when guys come on and ask Dynamo Joe or Cudney what ramps, springs, etc. they put in their clutch kits, if they told everyone that, they wouldn't sell many kits, your paying not only for the products but for their many hours of testing and proving.

Last edited:
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I believe it was answered here

"RKT numbers ...there his numbers (his porting, domes, timing, base gasket, valve cut, piston cut) from his R/D...my numbers are from my dyno...if I dynod on his and his on mine who knows...dynos #'s can/are different..."

I agree, I think the question was answered with that statement........now TJ how am I suppose to bag on you now with that in your signature? Nice sled by the way....:D

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Boss

BJ- YUP...thats why some BB runs strong and some dont...ask Bossrev how his runs

BJ- this is a loaded question...no matter how you slice/dice it...sorry

For one reason or another they don't seem willing to provide that detailed info (that is their prerogative), and I have no desire to "goad" them into it. Their answers may have answered what some others wanted, it just wasn't what I was looking for, and I'm OK with that.

BJ- again...your asking DJ his helix angles vs Rooster built..."aint gunna happen"...

Only to have fun...

SHR860R-

3.348" bore
3.342" piston
skirt trimmed .0*0 "
8 or 9 hole base gasket
ex port is raised, widened and re-radiused (substantial vs stock and 3 other BB builders)
sub ports are opened up/over transfers
exhaust valve mod (SHR spec)
intake area- general clean up/open (Rotax did very good here)
transfers just a clean up and degree change from sub intake to transfer
RKT/SHR head spec- .045-.047" squish, * degree on the squash angle, *mm squash width, comp set per customers riding
stock timing or plus 1 degree
460-470 main jets and a .030" shim
V-force/Boyeson reeds
SPI Y-pipe
= 176+ hp 115+ tq on MY dyno...BTW a stocker shows 148-150 hp on the same dyno...

RKT 860

same piston
same reeds
the rest???
I sorta know but sure aint gonna post it here...LOL:D-BJ

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
Only to have fun...

SHR860R-

3.348" bore
3.342" piston
skirt trimmed .0*0 "
8 or 9 hole base gasket
ex port is raised, widened and re-radiused (substantial vs stock and 3 other BB builders)
RKT/SHR head spec- .045-.047" squish, * degree on the squash angle, *mm squash width, comp set per customers riding
V-force/Boyeson reeds
SPI Y-pipe
= 176+ hp 115+ tq on MY dyno...BTW a stocker shows 148-150 hp on the same dyno...

RKT 860

same piston
Arcic cat part number 3007-528
Piston Pin bearing 3008-503
Piston Pin 3006-501
thrust washers 3008-500 you need four

same reeds
the rest???

Added replacement parts part numbers in bold.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Only to have fun...

SHR860R-

3.348" bore
3.342" piston
skirt trimmed .0*0 "
8 or 9 hole base gasket
V-force/Boyeson reeds
SPI Y-pipe

RKT 860

same piston
same reeds
the rest???

This is exactly why his 860 is in my sled! That my friends is a "stand up guy".:beer;

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
bb

that is why there are people waiting for there motor, no one gives you the service that bj dose. thanks BJ now lets all doo some riding

giddyup

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Only to have fun...

SHR860R-

3.348" bore
3.342" piston
skirt trimmed .0*0 "
8 or 9 hole base gasket
V-force/Boyeson reeds
SPI Y-pipe

RKT 860

same piston
same reeds
the rest???

Thanks Johnny I got my Dremel out and just pulled the radiator plug. Mine should be 183 hp Dyno Monster in just a few days! ;)

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada

Sometimes you pay for a cake and get brown flour with water and some icing. looks OK...but tastes like he!!. Thank Gawd for good bakers like BJ and RKT who can take those original ingredients, grind 'em up, add the missing tastys, and re-cook at 325 for an hour. Mmmmmm, mmmmm, gooood.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Sometimes you pay for a cake and get brown flour with water and some icing. looks OK...but tastes like he!!. Thank Gawd for good bakers like BJ and RKT who can take those original ingredients, grind 'em up, add the missing tastys, and re-cook at 325 for an hour. Mmmmmm, mmmmm, gooood.

Davey you Mccheaterson sumbeotch!

Premium Features