• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Out West trips

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
How many of you are heading out west this winter? Our group leaves N. Wisconsin January 5th and are arriving in West Yellowstone January 6th. Will be staying for a week. Will be doing our final ride around Mass City, MI this weekend to make sure all is good to go!

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
Our group is also heading out the 5th for Cooke,also leaving out of northern Wi and staying for a week-I rode outta Mass City last week and Im good to go!

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
Sweet! We are hopefully gonna be on the road early morning on the 5th, will be leaving from Rhinelander area, how about you Blazin?

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
Its a 24 hour drive straight thru for us-were leaving EagleRiver around 10 am Sat...hopefully.Thats the plan anyhow.You must be riding with Ryan B?

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
Yep thats my lil' bro. My name is Shawn. We too are planning on the 24-26 hour trip, have 3 trucks, about 11 guys.

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
Sweet-Im the one who sold your bros the skis...Maybe we'll see you guys on the road-drive safe and ride even safer-avy season in full bloom from what I gather.

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
He absolutely loves the skis, trying to talk me into buying some. Yes, the AVY danger has been extreme or close to it for the last 1-2 weeks. I get a daily Avy report in my email, so have been keeping up with that. Sounds like there is decent snow, so if you stay off the steep, and wind loaded stuff we'll/you'll be safe! 5 more sleeps to we leave!

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
I really loved the PP's in the fluff,there even better than my USI x's with stage 3 fins in the deep,the PP's only downside is crusted snow on lakes and fields in the spring time,they get real darty and grabby and wanna pitch the sled from side to side.Other than that little quirk I really regret selling them as they were the shizz in the deep snow.Try em out when your out west and you may just find you wanna set too!

Sleds are almost done and the trailers being loaded...T minus 98 hours.....Braaap

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
3 sleeps...

Got all the sleds "converted" yesterday. Everything is loaded up minus one. Looks like our goal is to pull outta The Camp by 0630. Looks like the Western U.S. could be getting a decent snow just before we get there. Just hoping all the roads remain open and passable!

C

CF7SP

Nov 27, 2007
Rhinelander, WI
Hey Jason...as Shawn told you I love the skis...really work well on the crossfire...It's now a 144x2.25 finger track. It really hooks up and corners very well. Can't wait to see how it does out west. Anyway, everyone heading out there...be safe and make sure you know where everyone is at all times. Be prepared, carry a shovel and a probe at the least. I know I will be renting a beacon along with Shawn. Take care fellow WI riders and keep the track side up! Ryan

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
Thanks guys it should be a riot-were gonna get lotsa good footage too,weather permitting of course.Were all fully equipped and trained for avy awareness and ready to tear it up! safely of course....Have fun Ryan-we'll hook up and get a local rip in later this year.

C

CF7SP

Nov 27, 2007
Rhinelander, WI
Sounds good Jason, I will be ready to rip up the UP after this ride! Have a safe trip out there and enjoy every minute being away from work for a week! I know I need a vacation! BRAP!!

hotrod

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
out west

hey guys, im from the lacrosse wisconsin area but i live in laramie, anyone headed out this way wana meet up and ride some weekend just hit me up and ill give you my phone number, you can email me at
jbrueggen_07@hotmail.com

P
Dec 14, 2007
prairie idaho
Try Ridin the Trinities!!!

Hey guys, if you want something new try the Trinities!!! You can do virgin snow or groomed trail ifn you get too tired. Pine/Featherville, Prairie, Fall Creek all have accomodations, food, and of course gas. Check out the clubs new website at www,idahosnowriders.com for maps, grooming schedule, etc.

Premium Features