• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tampico 2018

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
So I've been partly busy, and partly lazy after Saturday's ride, but I did get a couple vids uploaded from the weekend. Thanks again to everyone who stayed home, we loved having fresh snow literally every spot we went to!:face-icon-small-hap

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NP5zlhoPnDw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0SDe6UeSss4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
So I've been partly busy, and partly lazy after Saturday's ride, but I did get a couple vids uploaded from the weekend. Thanks again to everyone who stayed home, we loved having fresh snow literally every spot we went to!:face-icon-small-hap

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NP5zlhoPnDw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0SDe6UeSss4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep, that looks terrible... :)

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Deep
4587ca4a8ee3213e1c98441fee54f0c9.jpg

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
The Scavenger Hunt that was scheduled to happen at Tampico tomorrow has been cancelled due to lack of snow down low. None of the teams could make it up the trail and wound up turning around after a couple miles of overheating. I'm advising folks to wait until the last of the ice has melted and the berms are removed before attempting to ride the Ahtanum.:face-icon-small-sad

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Like early December snowpack.
I would be carefull off trail till ur above 5,500/6,000 ft.
Snow is windblown in places. Stumps don't have bumps to show u they are 6in below surface.
2ft of dry fluffy snow.

Alpha ......

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Snow was ok up high, not great. With as much as snotel showed at pigtail i thought there would have been 3' of new but probably less than half of that. It was really weird, it didnt snow much at all up high yesterday but it snowed 8 inches in the lot while we were riding. It was pretty much rocks until whites ridge in the morning but must have snowed all day from treephones down to get the accumulation that there was. Really thin around treephones, they must have lost about 2' in the last week and a half before this round of storms. It is like starting all over again down low, lots of stuff exposed.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
This storm really helped out. As posted, it's December snow in February, we had a blast, but were also bouncing off stuff due to the wind drifting effect. Very little coverage until you get above 5500 ft, then it's pretty dang good from there up!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Glad to see the snow finally returning in great amounts! Had an awesome day yesterday and I know it's dumping up there again today! :face-icon-small-hap

FYI: I'll be replacing the flag on the flagpole with a brand new flag hopefully this next weekend. That particular flag has been in service for 3 yrs out of the 4 years that the pole has been up and it's time to be retired from service.

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
Thank you summ8rmk and Tampico (and the other guys if your on here) for showing me around yesterday! I had a blast, Just wish I would have taken some pictures

Premium Features