• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro armor tether failure

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Guess I have to eat crow.. lots of people saying how ****ty the pro armor tether is and it came true yesterday. I was side hilling and went to turn up hill and fell off.. sled stayed running while my tether was attached to me.

Called pro armor and they said its outside of 90 days so owell. Was 46 degrees, sunny, no snow or ice on it, etc.

Last edited:
N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
Just don't put too much grease on there, or it won't work at all. You could use something like wd-40 too, if you put too much grease it won't make contact when cold. Ask me how I know....
Ian

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Mine broke when i rolled the sled over in its second year, i put a polaris tether on and havent had a lick of trouble.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Buy a Laser Phantom Teth-Air and we will give you a year normal warranty but we go well beyond a year if it is something that failed shouldn't have. Basically we cover everything but obvious physical damage.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Pingle makes a billet aluminum tether for $110.

Bulletproof.
Seems sturdy alright, but metal in metal? I think freezing..

Here's an idea; find a two pin connector that can take a lot of use and combine with pigtail wire. Make a tether that powers a strong helmet light and keeps the ignition going!

Fall off and you cut power to sled by pulling the plug out of the socket.

Polaris? Cat? Doo? Anyone??

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Seems sturdy alright, but metal in metal? I think freezing..

Here's an idea; find a two pin connector that can take a lot of use and combine with pigtail wire. Make a tether that powers a strong helmet light and keeps the ignition going!

Fall off and you cut power to sled by pulling the plug out of the socket.

Polaris? Cat? Doo? Anyone??

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

The mechanism is fully sealed with a very stiff spring.

They always work.

Last edited:

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
The cat magnetic tether, to me, is the best solution for a kill switch...

My 2¢

Agree. Will be installing one over summer to replace my Polaris tether. Friend just broke his Pro Armor last weekend. He is switching to Cat magnetic as well.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
The mechanism is fully sealed with a very stiff spring.

They always work.

I have the Pingle tether on 2 sleds and a Pro Armor one on the other sled both have worked flawlessly for me. Now that being said I have heard of the Pingle freezing up on some,and I have seen the clips breaking on the pro Armor,some also have had issues with it not working when needed.
My next tether will be the cat magnetic one,they just work.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
I will also be switching to the magnetic.. for now I am being shipped a replacement.

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Guess I have to eat crow.. lots of people saying how ****ty the pro armor tether is and it came true yesterday. I was side hilling and went to turn up hill and fell off.. sled stayed running while my tether was attached to me.

Called pro armor and they said its outside of 90 days so owell. Was 46 degrees, sunny, no snow or ice on it, etc.

Same thing happened to my Pro Armor tether this season. I will take apart and try and fix but may go a different route. Also happened in a bad area on a steep hill but no damage was done.

Premium Features