• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

torque stops for the 2 stroke sleds coming soon, here are the 4 stroke ones

C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
Here are the trail safe torque arms with rubber dampners on one end.

There is a gap shown on one bracket that is to be welded then both powder coated,

Belanger Racing Products

You can email me at belangerracing@aol.com if you want me to put your name in for these or different products.

My web page will be finished soon also.

The 2 stroke ones will be just a tad different.

Thanks
Frank

f1100T torque arm mag side rubber.jpg f1100T torque arm pto side rubber.jpg final web picture of the f1100T torque arms.jpg

M

Mlosey131

Sep 28, 2011
So is this proven to help belt life on two strokes? And are there other advantages?

C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
So is this proven to help belt life on two strokes? And are there other advantages?
It helps keep the motor from moving to much and getting more power to the track, yes it will help the whole driveline stay square and less angles with other parts will help belt life.

The solid mounting system is $129.00 an the set with a rubber mount on one end is $169.00

Last edited:
C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
Here is the final bracket for the pto side, i changed it around a little, i wanted more mounting for strenth, it is now on the boss and the exhaust manifold stud that is easy to get at, i put red on this one so it shows up better for the picture, of corse nothing is tightened up and it still don't have the round stud backers on it.

Belangerracing@aol.com for email and ordering for now an this is the web site still under construction Belanger Racing Products

Pictures of the 2 stroke ones coming soon, also a billet torque control link

Thanks
Frank
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

F1100T turbo pto side bracket with arm red.jpg

Last edited:

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Pictures of the 2 stroke ones coming soon, also a billet torque control link

Thanks
Frank
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Billet huh..sounds cool I assume you mean solid plate AL like we did way back in Feb:face-icon-small-con The TCL is a very critical drivetrain component that deserves some TLC I would recommend at least some R&D:light: Honestly, have either of the proposed 800 products even seen a day of actual testing on the snow? Just keepin it real...

I would love to see the jacked-up jackshaft you were working on though. We put that project on the backburner a while ago for several reasons but someone should get it done and wont be Cat!

Last edited:
C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
Billet huh..sounds cool I assume you mean solid plate AL like we did way back in Feb:face-icon-small-con The TCL is a very critical drivetrain component that deserves some TLC I would recommend at least some R&D:light: Honestly, have either of the proposed 800 products even seen a day of actual testing on the snow? Just keepin it real...

I would love to see the jacked-up jackshaft you were working on though. We put that project on the backburner a while ago for several reasons but someone should get it done and wont be Cat!
The billet torque control link is not solid, the stock torque control link is way to weak in the center of the clutches, thats why your mount is helping.

Also been working on a fluid damper to take the vibrations from the 2 strokes.

Thes type of products have been test for years in all sorts of racing on mountain sleds with over 3 times the power of these little 800 an 1100's
PM sent to you
Thanks

Belanger racing products
Frank

Last edited:
K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Good to have options -- looking forward to the HD Jackshaft also

--?? Is HD Jackshaft same physical size as stock just stronger?? --Trying to keep weight down

C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
fianl final pto mount

here yea go, they will be a different color tho,
thumbsup.png

Ten sets done for you guys that put orders in already. they will have your names on them an will not be sold.
thumbsup.png

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>
</FIELDSET>

C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
new information on the 4 stroke torque arms with picture of the final product

This is a picture of the final torque arm product for the turbo sleds, brackets are powder coated silver metallic, all bolts and washers are stainless and grade 8 steel also, chrome moly rod ends to with stand 9500 lbs, woody's round backers to hold polyurethane rubber bushings.

All rods have been made with a offset rod and rod end for more clearance.

The kit will also include a set of softer rubber grommets for another option.
The summer special price is $169.95

If interested e mail me at belangerracing@aol.com or call 1(603)262-0088 ask for Frank

Thanks
Frank

Belanger Racing products
28 marsh ave
Salem, NH, 03079
1(603)262-0088

Last edited:
C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
--Good to have options -- looking forward to the HD Jackshaft also

--?? Is HD Jackshaft same physical size as stock just stronger?? --Trying to keep weight down
the jackshafts are the same dimensions
as stock except some of the radiuses have stronger radiuses.

How many guys here want 2 stroke high perfomance jackshafts?

You can put your order in now at belangerracing@aol.com

Thanks
Belanger Racing products
Frank

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Also been working on a fluid damper to take the vibrations from the 2 strokes.

Belanger racing products
Frank

Now this is something we should team up on! I tried to get a few companies to make me a light weight small profile fluid damper that I could incorporate into the solid TCL but cost and weight were outrageous. It is a great idea though and the TCL could be a good mounting platform for it I will PM you to see if you have any ides. How about a Magnetorheological Fluid Damper controlled by the ECU to have the optimum conditions for each regime of rotational speed, maybe mount it to the Jackshaft!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
There has been a few attempts in the past (even before internet LOL). Benefits were low because of mounting location (flywheel) and bolt failure due to acceleration rate could happen. We don't have a Cummins in there LOL.

Maybe with the new chassis someone could tackle it like motorcycles do. A light head steady.

G
Apr 23, 2008
I dont think failure was ever a problem with the flywheel mounted dampeners... I feel strongly about this as BRP uses them on each and every single ultralight aircraft to this day..I am still on my original unit from 1990 used on my cat 700 twin...NOW on my RT turbo at 400+hp .
Planes falling out of the sky is not a good thing.. or dampers falling out of the sky !!!!!:devil:

I and my good friend and partner in the world Hp record holding turbo 1725 doo Don Emery use them on all, twins triples and quads. I even have one for the Power addiction billet triple 1650 turbo.. on the DNE 703 hp quad and on my RT 1000 turbos..

Harmonics raise hell with sleds. CAT went this route to isolate the horific harmoinics of that 4 stroke turd away from the chassis..The 2 stroke is suffering now from this poor design of that mount.

Jason has demonstated on his track dyno that just 4 runs is all that is needed to warp the oem jackshaft .035.. put that in your OEM proven tested results pipe and smoke it !!!!

White rad has put allot of effort into a solution that will work better than what you have now.. CAT is not going to keep this design after 2013. they will use it again with changes and then phase it out to avoid legal issues with lemon laws..betcha $$$$$

Back in 1989, The inventor of the RAD guide wheel made me a crank to jackshaft torque arm that was also a dampener and had a bearing failure breakaway feature.. Is this the time to bring that simple device to market ?

Only time will tell..

Gus

L
Jun 8, 2011
I dont think failure was ever a problem with the flywheel mounted dampeners... I feel strongly about this as BRP uses them on each and every single ultralight aircraft to this day..I am still on my original unit from 1990 used on my cat 700 twin...NOW on my RT turbo at 400+hp .
Planes falling out of the sky is not a good thing.. or dampers falling out of the sky !!!!!:devil:

I and my good friend and partner in the world Hp record holding turbo 1725 doo Don Emery use them on all, twins triples and quads. I even have one for the Power addiction billet triple 1650 turbo.. on the DNE 703 hp quad and on my RT 1000 turbos..

Harmonics raise hell with sleds. CAT went this route to isolate the horific harmoinics of that 4 stroke turd away from the chassis..The 2 stroke is suffering now from this poor design of that mount.

Jason has demonstated on his track dyno that just 4 runs is all that is needed to warp the oem jackshaft .035.. put that in your OEM proven tested results pipe and smoke it !!!!

White rad has put allot of effort into a solution that will work better than what you have now.. CAT is not going to keep this design after 2013. they will use it again with changes and then phase it out to avoid legal issues with lemon laws..betcha $$$$$

Back in 1989, The inventor of the RAD guide wheel made me a crank to jackshaft torque arm that was also a dampener and had a bearing failure breakaway feature.. Is this the time to bring that simple device to market ?

Only time will tell..

Gus

gus bohne.....the werner von braun of snowmobiling.......

Premium Features