• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA Chugach pro shovel won't fit in BCA Float 30

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Just a heads up, if your expecting your Large BCA Chugach Pro Shovel to fit into the shovel pocket on the BCA Float 30 pack its just a tiny bit large. There is however the main pocket which fits the shovel fine along with many other items... Excellent Pack, i love the feel, it fits nice, its solid, and it may save my life! Thanks BCA Thanks Kaleb for the nice price!

Grant

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
That thing is a freakin grain shove, I don't think it would fit in my back seat of my car!!! :face-icon-small-hap

I was going to get one too, then realized it wouldn't fit in my abs pack either.
Good shovel for booters though!

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I love that shovel, its the best for booters and for digging "everyone" else out!!:D Yeah its just a heads up for people purchasing the pack.

Grant

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
i too have a chugach pro shovel with a float 30 and the shovel blade fits in the shovel pocket if you flip the shovel blade upsidedown. it is not possible to completely zip the pocket up, just the portion where the blade and handle meet will stick out, but it does work. i am a bit peeved at bca for not designing the pack to fit their own products but so is life. the true adventure pack that i was using fits the chugach pro shovel very well and I was a bit puzzled when a BCA pack didn't fit a BCA shovel. hmmmm.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
i too have a chugach pro shovel with a float 30 and the shovel blade fits in the shovel pocket if you flip the shovel blade upsidedown. it is not possible to completely zip the pocket up, just the portion where the blade and handle meet will stick out, but it does work. i am a bit peeved at bca for not designing the pack to fit their own products but so is life. the true adventure pack that i was using fits the chugach pro shovel very well and I was a bit puzzled when a BCA pack didn't fit a BCA shovel. hmmmm.

Yeah i've decieded to put the shovel in the big pocket, It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense BCA pack, BCA shovel, not working. But its a cheaper pack (in price) and im glad i have it.

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
I thought about that, the only issue i have is getting snow into the large compartment where most of my "dry" gear is being stored when getting the shovel in and out. I also thought about getting another smaller voile for the pack and keeping the chugach in the sled for ease of use.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
:face-icon-small-blu geesh, what a hardship! Things a freegin grain shovel! Knock it off and stow it in the main pack. Fits my Bca companion fine...a "normal" shovel I might add. lol

Premium Features