• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearing P/N for Small Front Wheel

RX-1 Liter

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2010
Chautauqua County, NY
Does anyone know the exact p/n for the NTN bearing in the small bogey wheel that supports the front shock in the rear suspension. It has 6203 LU printed on the rubber seal, but when I ordered NTN 6203 LU it came without a seal on one side of the bearing. Thanks!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Does anyone know the exact p/n for the NTN bearing in the small bogey wheel that supports the front shock in the rear suspension. It has 6203 LU printed on the rubber seal, but when I ordered NTN 6203 LU it came without a seal on one side of the bearing. Thanks!

6203 RS should work.

(RS stands for “rubber seal”)

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
If the bearing you received is also an NTN bearing you could remove a seal from the used one and install on the new bearing. Use a very small flat blade screw driver to lift the seal from the groove it sits in. As mentioned above RS is a designation for rubber seal and I think LU is also an NTN designation for the type of seal they use. You may need to specify 6203 2LU or 6203 2RS when ordering.

Found this info below from NTN. This leads me to believe you may need to order a 6203LLU to get two seals. You want to stay with the LU seal to keep the water out.

•What is the difference between LLB & LLU seals? The "LB" seal is a non-contact seal for reduced torque or higher speed requirements. The "LU" seal is contact seal for better grease contamination control, but the contact friction increases torque and lowers the limiting speed.

Premium Features