• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR 880 vs stock bore, uphill drag race.

M
Dec 10, 2007
BC
A couple no BS uphill drag races from today...
Snow conditions: Set up spring snow. Pure traction (Advantage should go to the shorter track.)

Sled 1; SHR 880, with Dynoport y-pipe and can(stock pipe), Big Johns clutching, all else stock.

Sled 2; stock bore, SPI full exhaust(y-pipe, pipe, can) and rooster built clutching.

Yes, the 880 is a 163 and the other a 154, but with the snow conditions advantage should have been with the 154....

The second one, he didn't get a stellar start, but you can still see how far it pulled away.

And yes, the other sled is pulling full RPM and runs strong against other stock sleds.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kkmEw5Cq0RE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KKQV2h0YY6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The 880 is a monster! I've never been as impressed with a motor as I am with this one....

Last edited:

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
A couple no BS uphill drag races from today...
Snow conditions: Set up spring snow. Pure traction (Advantage should go to the shorter track.)

Sled 1; SHR 880, with Dynoport y-pipe and can(stock pipe), Big Johns clutching, all else stock.

Sled 2; stock bore, SPI full exhaust(y-pipe, pipe, can) and rooster built clutching.

Yes, the 880 is a 163 and the other a 154, but with the snow conditions advantage should have been with the 154....

The second one, he didn't get a stellar start, but you can still see how far it pulled away.

And yes, the other sled is pulling full RPM and runs strong against other stock sleds.

<IFRAME height=315 src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kkmEw5Cq0RE" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<IFRAME height=315 src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KKQV2h0YY6U" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

The 880 is a monster! I've never been as impressed with a motor as I am with this one....

Awesome vid! Will it live for a whole week of wot 3' pow? Can ya beat the piss out of them like a stocker. Damn looks like I gotta do that to my 16.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
the best part is ADD deep snow and its even worse...like 1/2 the hill...thanks for the post Jay!! BJ

M
Dec 10, 2007
BC
I live near Fernie BC... anyone that wants to come put them side by side, I'm totally game. I actually live about 100 yards from the staging area where these vids are taken. I can ride right out of my garage into several different areas...

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
So what kind of hp are you claiming with this motor BJ? That literally looks like 40hp difference in the vid, honestly kinda hard to beilieve

M
Dec 10, 2007
BC
We raced over and over and had the same results every time. The other sled is my wife's sled with my brother in law in it. I know exactly how it runs. It pulls full rpm and runs strong against other stock sleds... I also forgot the timing is advanced 1degree on the 880.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
So what kind of hp are you claiming with this motor BJ? That literally looks like 40hp difference in the vid, honestly kinda hard to beilieve

I dont play dyno # games...the "slippery slope" applies to most...my 180 hp motors seem to run stronger than the 190 hp motors...:face-icon-small-cooBJ

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Good Video, But if you focus on the stock 800 right from the get go it looks to me like it never lifts a ski from the start, more in first video than the second, am I seeing things or does the stocker truly run better than it looks?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
It would be more believable if the stocker had a camera too but I am not saying the video is set up. I have been
around a 880 and they do run good.

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
I dont play dyno # games...the "slippery slope" applies to most...my 180 hp motors seem to run stronger than the 190 hp motors...:face-icon-small-cooBJ

I rode with one of those "190" hp motors today, it was very embarrassing for him to say the least!!

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Watched to video a couple of times and while the 880 runs great it would have been a lot closer if the rider on the stock would have been quicker on the throttle, he was a good 1/3 to 1/2 second slower on the hole shot.

Not that the outcome would have been different, but the stocker would have been a lot closer with a better hole shot. :face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features