• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aluminum A-Arm Prices???

Rbott

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2012
Vermont
Does anybody know how much the new forged aluminum a-arms are going to cost? Riding off trail in the northeast it is inevitable that you will bend one!

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Are we talking cost for a pair or individual? I may be pulling mine off and selling them before I bend them if that's the case!

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Are we talking cost for a pair or individual? I may be pulling mine off and selling them before I bend them if that's the case!
According to the dealer that was the individual arm price.

I heard there to be cheaper or same price as current a arms to replace

I guess I don't understand how that could be. The steel tube and the jigs they currently use are far cheaper than a mold for forging. Aluminum is more expensive than steel, in most cases it takes more alum (2-3 times more) than steel to make a part of equal strength. So with greater input costs and the R&D needed to make the alum arms, I don't see how they could sell them at the same retail price as before.

Last edited:
S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
According to the dealer that was the individual arm price.

I guess I don't understand how that could be. The steel tube and the jigs they currently use are far cheaper than a mold for forging. Aluminum is more expensive than steel, in most cases it takes more alum (2-3 times more) than steel to make a part of equal strength. So with greater input costs and the R&D needed to make the alum arms, I don't see how they could sell them at the same retail price as before.

But stomping out an arm goes super fast once the mold is done compared to casting and milling several components ant then gluing them together with a couple of steel pipes. I'm not saying the new arms will be cheap, just that they might not be as expensive as one might think. It all depends on what time the Poo beancounters have set to pay off the molds.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
They are still trying to recover profits lost to CFI4 engine warranties. The arms won't be cheap.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Not to derail but I got to believe that zbros and others like Alt Imp will have complete a-arm set ups for close to same pricing as current pro $500 plus/minus. According to Dan at Alt Imp he will be making a conversion bracket/bushing so that his current pro ones will work on the new axys.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Went to the Sneak Peak

Yup they are alum. The Glue got to expensive I guess

The After- markets will still be in business.

I thought they were going to Glue the engine too, light weight ya know.

Looks like they mounted it like the ole 900, from the side.

Don't get me wrong I ride Real Polaris Sleds.

I won't be buying anything that resenbles a Pro tho.

Premium Features