• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Check Bars Clarification

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I know some others have asked the same question, and I haven't seen it answered yet. There are three options on bars. Which is the '15 Pro Taper bar and which is the lower version Pro Taper that comes on the Terrain Dominator in 2015?

I noticed that the middle bars in the current snow check configurator look like they are black in color just like the lower 2015 Pro Taper TD model. If this is the case, then this years tall bars are even taller than the regular Pro Taper bars from 2011-2015.

Anybody know yet? This is hold up a few of us from snow checking right now.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
For 2016: Low is a 5" rise, Med is 6" rise, Tall is 7" rise. All three of these are an inch narrower than last year.

I believe the 2015 std Pro taper is a 6" rise and the then new for '15 low is the 5" rise. I could be wrong though.

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
My dealer just came from the Florida dealer show, and said the medium is the same as the 15 Pro bars. Short will be 1" shorter, and tall are 1 " taller than the 15

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
My dealer just came from the Florida dealer show, and said the medium is the same as the 15 Pro bars. Short will be 1" shorter, and tall are 1 " taller than the 15

BINGO! This is what I thought, I hope that is right. Thanks

Last edited:

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
I cant get a straight answer on this. Pod cast says the med rise is the same as the standard pro bars. My dealer said he called Polaris and he says they are telling him the high rise is the standard pro bar

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
BUT.......Dont forget the running boards have been moved UP over an inch! I think they should of been much more clear about this. I hope to find out for sure this weekend at the expo before I finalize my order. Eric

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
BUT.......Dont forget the running boards have been moved UP over an inch! I think they should of been much more clear about this. I hope to find out for sure this weekend at the expo before I finalize my order. Eric

Really? Where did this info come from? I missed it.

I cant get a straight answer on this. Pod cast says the med rise is the same as the standard pro bars. My dealer said he called Polaris and he says they are telling him the high rise is the standard pro bar

Yep, that was my reason for starting the thread. I wish we could get clarification on this.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Scroll through this thread.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393863

Look at the pictures, its pretty clear the boards have been moved up. The rear skid drop brackets are much longer now, the tunnel is not as tall and the seat and tank appear to be close to the same.

This was all part of raising the COG of the sled. Eric

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
If it helps I did go out and measure my 13 bars and they are 6" rise bars so I am going with the med is the standard pro bars. I don't know about the higher running boards. Did they raise the steering post as well?

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007

Look at the pictures, its pretty clear the boards have been moved up. The rear skid drop brackets are much longer now, the tunnel is not as tall and the seat and tank appear to be close to the same.

they raised the front off the snow more so had to raise the back to match, or it would sit funny. you think a higher c.o.g. was intentional, or just the nature of things? i thought they did things to try and combat a higher c.o.g.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
oh and on the bars, i would be stuck between mid and high rise, so i would go mid as it would be easier to add a spacer later than change out the bars if its not perfect..

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
they raised the front off the snow more so had to raise the back to match, or it would sit funny. you think a higher c.o.g. was intentional, or just the nature of things? i thought they did things to try and combat a higher c.o.g.

I think it was a combination of things, they wanted to raise the body and tunnel out of the snow for better performance... less drag in deep snow, hold a side hill better, get on edge easier. But they also lowered the engine and drive shaft to offset some of the weight. The rider position got raised up at the same time which gives the sled an even lighter feel to it and makes it respond more to rider input. Just my .02 on it. Eric

Center of Gravity has not changed

The center of gravity of these sleds is not any higher than the previous Pros. The motor is located in the same height from ground level due to the built in motor mounts that allow it to sit lower in the chassis. COG is determined by where the mass of a sled sits, and not the overall height of an object of irregular shape. They raised the chassis, but kept the center of gravity low like the Pro's.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

They are the "Same" height... but they are 1" narrower overall.

I dont think the running boards have been raised so much as the suspension point has been lowered.... The boards seem about 1/2 higher...with the same clearance to the footwell loop as PRO-Ride Chassis.

The seat is mounted higher on a taller tank... the seat is further away from the top of the tunnel. Look at the seat support... it's taller.

The center of gravity of these sleds is not any higher than the previous Pros. The motor is located in the same height from ground level due to the built in motor mounts that allow it to sit lower in the chassis. COG is determined by where the mass of a sled sits, and not the overall height of an object of irregular shape. They raised the chassis, but kept the center of gravity low like the Pro's.

The engine has been lowered... but the CG has been changed to a higher position.... both from the riding experience and from asking Marty directly that day.

JUDGED

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2015
www.judgedgear.com
I stood on the SKS with mid and the Pro with low and went home and got on my Pro with stock and felt the low was most like my 13 pro. No facts. Just what I "felt".

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Somewhere I read (FB maybe, or podcast?) that you can actually move your throttle block in more and trim off the edge of the bars to go even narrower.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Somewhere I read (FB maybe, or podcast?) that you can actually move your throttle block in more and trim off the edge of the bars to go even narrower.

Thats a good thing! From the pod cast they also said the new bars are 1/2 narrower on each side. I took an inch off each side on my 14 bars and thats the MAX you could remove and still get the controls mounted firmly. I really like this set-up and will likely narrow up the 16 bars another 1/2" on each side. Eric

Premium Features