• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS RMK pictures from the West Yellowstone and Sneak Peek

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Can you get some shots that show the inside of the tunnel?
Maybe close ups of the drop brackets?

Clutch side footwell?

Console pic from the rear of sled?

The above pics came to me via text message.
I haven't been sent anymore.

If any other pics were taken, anyone should feel free to post them up.

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I also see they moved up the toe bar and the footwell vents are covered a couple inches up from the boards. 2 issues fixed right there.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hey Scott
you willing to bet your years pay on if the motor will make 3k without fail?

After riding it for just over 2.5 hours?
Riiiight. Depends who's riding it. Bwaahaaa.

That's a question better asked to the engineers or the flat landers who have one in a 15.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
120/310 spring written on the clutch, I don't know what was used on the non pork chop clutch for that days elevation.

I tested the engagement with a really SLOW increase in throttle to see right where it was.
Engagement was about 3600 to 3700. Really low. But I liked it. That will be good in deep powder.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm sure others have taken pictures...anyone have any to share?

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
attachment.php

Looks like an Attack Huey Cobra from the front

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Couple things to point out...
The black plastic box you see above the oil jug. It's NOT plastic. It looks like the entire cold air intake is this newly used material that feels more like a cloth fabric than hard plastic. It feels very light weight and fairly rigid (not that plastic was very heavy to begin with). Very interesting.

I REALLY like that the air intake on the dash cowling faces downward instead of up toward the rider. FAR less snow build-up on there, IMO. I know on my 2013, I'm always wiping them off on the deep powder days. I like this change.

AND the tool for opening the secondary clutch sheaves....look where it's mounted as opposed to the Pros where it's buried away in the little black bag on the belt cover.

attachment.php

Agreed on the material of the airbox. It was very trick, very light. I know the haters are going to take this the wrong way but... it was like a laminated cardboard almost. It was more kinda like the heat cloth they wrap around areas of the hood to protect it from the exhaust, in a way. LOL

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Ice age does make Polaris rails. They are made to Polaris specifications.

Ice age also makes strong rails.

Technically speaking, our parent company provides the OEM rails for Polaris.

We are the aftermarket side of things and supply the custom and heavy duty parts.

That being said, as always, we will have our standard upgrade rails, as well as our "Bomber" super heavy duty rails ready for the sleds when the time comes.

D
Nov 14, 2013
Agreed on the material of the airbox. It was very trick, very light. I know the haters are going to take this the wrong way but... it was like a laminated cardboard almost. It was more kinda like the heat cloth they wrap around areas of the hood to protect it from the exhaust, in a way. LOL

haters can still say how light their doo 'feels' and how their turbo nytro has a 'better' power to weight ratio.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam

Same heat insulating light weight fiber auto industry has used for years..
Lots of tricks in the bag.

Premium Features