• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM's Suck at Tree Riding - Video Proof

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
What's with the feet and the pink shirt....I know these new aged riders like to use there feet but come on what a great way to brake your foot or your leg on those hidden logs...Old school riders rarely use there feet don't need to. LoL

DPG

Last edited:
S
Mar 9, 2008
Montana
DPG...I have been reading your responses for awhile now and have not said anything. But you clearly are a douche bag!! I would love for you to post a video of you riding in the trees, on your stock sled, and let the fellow Snowest members pick you apart for your choice of riding attire and also your riding technique! I love in Montana and want to go riding for a day! Seriously.....I can bring the 880 or my stocker. You talk so much crap, now back it up!

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
I see the problem, that sled is not "flickable" and washes out on the side hill all of the time, just like the ProRMK riders say.
:face-icon-small-win

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
What's with the feet and the pink shirt....I know these new aged riders like to use there feet but come on what a great way to brake your foot or your leg on those hidden logs...Old school riders rarely use there feet don't need to. LoL

DPG

The position/angle of the camera mount and the fisheye lens make it seem like the sled is tilted far less than it actually is. Also makes the slope look less steep than reality. Doubt you could make most of those moves w/out wrong footing and "walking the dog". That said, you could probably go to all those same spots by straight climbing, but where's the fun in that?

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Was that on Mt. Axtel? Always thought that would be a fun slope with the snow a little set up. Steep with the trees spaced just enough..

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
LMAO one would think that some of new age riders invented snowmobiling in the trees. My guess is many of you tools weren't even walking yet let alone conceived when many of us were blazing through the trees.

Riding todays new revolutionary sleds has made snowmobiling so easy it's not even funny. I would love to see some of you new age riders throw around a 700# sled.

DPG

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Totally....all those pro riders and hillclimb racers with their feet hanging out like monkeys. Just sit down and piiiiiiin.....it right?

Your thinking is so special if you think riding trees and riding on the RMSHA circuit are the same . You probably also think snowcross racer Tucker Hibbert dangles his feet all over the place during snow cross race.

FYI, the only reason RMSHA racers ride with the style they do is because the VW size mogul the just went over almost knocked there azz into outer space. And before they can recover and blink the next VW mogul is in there face.

DPG

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Your thinking is so special if you think riding trees and riding on the RMSHA circuit are the same . You probably also think snowcross racer Tucker Hibbert dangles his feet all over the place during snow cross race.

DPG
I doubt he does at all....he WANTS to stay on 2 skis....whereas in riding like this video, he wants to ride on 1 ski.

Fact is, hanging a foot off is often the best practice on a steep sidehill when you need max leverage, and/or there are obstacles you need to navigate. Exhibit A:

Keith-Curtis-jackson-hole-snowmobile-hillclimb2014.jpg

If you have not encountered that, you are simply not taking lines as technical difficult as others. And that's fine....but chuckling at someone for good technique just shows you're not a hot **** as you'd like to think.

Last edited:
Premium Features