• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 and SHR !

S

summit_man

Nov 23, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
Derailed!

You own Big Foot?

That's about as ridiculous a comment as thinking you know what is in my shop.

For the individuals that come here to gain knowledge..... The builders that tell there story on here all believe strongly that their build is worth letting you know about. With that said, do business with whom you personally grow trust.

Look forward to seeing your '14 big Bore work John!! :focus:

J

Jimmy

Nov 27, 2007
Chiba, Colorado
You own Big Foot?

That's about as ridiculous a comment as thinking you know what is in my shop.

For the individuals that come here to gain knowledge..... The builders that tell there story on here all believe strongly that their build is worth letting you know about. With that said, do business with whom you personally grow trust.

Look forward to seeing your '14 big Bore work John!! :focus:

I do!! and I certainly know the sled you own before it got to your shop. Trygstads stories are told on the race tracks of the of the snocross circuit and RMSHA circuit to helping with R&D with ski-doo.

4281.jpg

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
In all fairness to this post and the builder that people are sooo excited to try to bag on with this one sled. I know the origins of Summitmans sled and the original two owners of it here in Colorado. It was a very, very early build 880 motor that was built as a race spec motor. If I had to guess it was the second 880 built. It had TMX carbs on it, early build crank shop pipes and so on. It ripped and I watched it walk all over an 860 one day. It was then mellowed out and changed hands atleast another 3 times before it became Summit_Mans sled.
It was an early build proto type motor people. So take what you read with a grain of salt!!

After I bought Big Foot I kept calling Ford trying to get info on the motor and specs and oddly enough they didnt want to help me either! In fact they were down right rude...........

The difference is FORD didn't build Big Foot...:doh:

I have fixed/repaired dozens of Daves 860/880 because he doesn't support HIS own older motors...not a dig, just a fact.

I wonder if he ever refunded the $300 he charged everyone for the NON existent ETEC ECM recalibrate for the 872s?:clock:

just saying...BJ

Thanks too every one...my phone rings every time TJ opens his mouth...not losing one once of sleep...:face-icon-small-coo

BTW- the SHR880R has never bleed green...others???

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
This is pretty common theme on SW. Whenever someone posts a positive about anything whether it is a brand of sled, clutch kit maker or let's say engine builder someone else has to post something negative about a competitor. It's like saying something is good is automatically insulting to that particular things competition. There can be different versions of great...

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I sent SHR a TON of nice shiney new parts well over 2 weeks ago and he hasn't installed them on my sled yet. They are just sitting in the corner gathering dust. I want answers! I'm not calling because you'll just come up with some lame excuse...

J

Jimmy

Nov 27, 2007
Chiba, Colorado

I have fixed/repaired dozens of Daves 860/880 because he doesn't support HIS own older motors...not a dig, just a fact.

I wonder if he ever refunded the $300 he charged everyone for the NON existent ETEC ECM recalibrate for the 872s?:clock:

just saying...BJ

Thanks too every one...my phone rings every time TJ opens his mouth...not losing one once of sleep...:face-icon-small-coo

A lot of people that build race motors don't support their older builds. I know it's very,very common in the dirt bike world. They have moved on to bigger builds and better things, they come up with something better. Their parts source dries up on older builds too. What that doesn't mean is that another company doesn't copy or use a similar concept. But these other companies don't build racing motors they build mild versions of the former race motor. Heck, usually the don't even build their own parts. They outsource the machining and head work to other companies. Some times even companies that build similar products.

These guys are basically parts changers, and they will fix anything because they have to. They are not building their reputations by winning Supercross races, they are building it on Joe trail rider that can't tell if his CRF is jetted correctly.

All I have to say is Kudos' to the smaller companies! After all everyone needs a parts changer. What I will say about the race companies though, is when they have done R&D and tested enough and finally come to a version they like, you know it has been tested in the most extreme and brutal conditions. One that joe trail rider will never experience, he does benefit from it though by getting a very strong running and reliable motor.

I will take my motors with a Slice of winning..

Are you sure my truck isn't made by Ford? It has Ford all over it, even on the valve covers. Weird, ahh well maybe it just needs some parts changed. BJ are you available ?

You fixed an early build motor there Hero, with a lot of parts that had never been tried together by anyone.

Just saying......Jimmy

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
I normal stay out of stuff like this, but Jimmy if a company will not support there customers that bought their older builds. That is a company I would never buy a motor from. All the cpc stuff I have bought they always had parts for them even if it was an old motor.
And since you bring dirt bike into it. Pro circuit has always had parts for there old two stroke builds, but your right they don't win many races.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm sure that post will motivate him to bend over backwards for you. Brilliant simply brilliant.

News flash for newmy1, the smiley winkey guy in my post denotes sarcasm. In other words, the fact that my 2014 hasn't hit the dealership yet makes it fairly difficult for BJ to install any parts on it. Thanks for ruining my bait. LOL

M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008
Speaking of facts! Dave built (3) 880's and (2) of them came back to his shop, that leaves (1) 880 that you worked on? Dave's stuff is top shelf! just like our Government you don't want to believe everything your read and hear about.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
News flash for newmy1, the smiley winkey guy in my post denotes sarcasm. In other words, the fact that my 2014 hasn't hit the dealership yet makes it fairly difficult for BJ to install any parts on it. Thanks for ruining my bait. LOL

Haha sorry bro. Can't see those using tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Not all 872's made it through last winter either... They are not that bullet proof. I ride with 2 872's. And 1 blew at 800 miles.. Also know a guy on here that blew his around 600... They all blow up, I seized my trygstad 860 last yr... Must have gotten some bad fuel I run a gallon of race in every tank... On a pump gas setup. It happen's I say we have another bigbore shootout this yr.. Was fun last yr... Got my butt kicked but was fun..... Turbo's can come to.. But 8lbs or less.. Haha! That means you to Hobbes!!!!!

And for the record on my 2010 800r motor that is currently an 860... Dave will not support this motor... told me it's junk.. Nice!!! Hope all you 872 guy's are buying extra pistons.. Next yr it will be an 868 and you won't be able to get pistons....

Last edited:
M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008

just saying...BJ

Just a fact? speaking of facts you might want to ck your math as I know for a fact! that Dave didn't build "dozens" of 860's, fact he didn't build a dozen?, and further more he has serial numbers on every one of his kits that leaves his facility...I do know he has "hundereds" of 872 etec's running flawlessly, I was recently at his facility and was amazed at how much work he's got going, and how much product he has available.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
I sent SHR a TON of nice shiney new parts well over 2 weeks ago and he hasn't installed them on my sled yet. They are just sitting in the corner gathering dust. I want answers! I'm not calling because you'll just come up with some lame excuse...

He's too busy building MY 880R Etec. :face-icon-small-coo

My second 880 as a matter of FACT, the first was the most incredible performing power sled I have ever ridden, and I have had a few including a 840 & (2) 860's. SHR is THE best snowmobile business I have encountered and dealt with in over 30 years of snowmobiling. Expertise is at the top, customer service - Second to NONE.

Only criticism I have is; too bad the big dummy can't ride worth a fart, if he could keep up, he could see how his products work ........... Up high ............ in the really steep stuff ! :face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:
Premium Features