• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken T-Flex motion.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I think you need way more info before you start a sh*t storm. Weldings on a bolt? Weldings on the hole that the bolt goes thru?? WTF are weldings?

Bolts are solid, they are machined. Holes aren't weldinged :)P) they are drilled.

I have heard nothing but great things about the XM. No complaints. This is the first and I'm betting that there is more to the story. Punched a rock or a log and doesn't wanna admit it or something. Stuff just doesnt break on a sled riding on a bumpy trail.

Give the guy a break, he's from Norway and English is probably a second language and difficult for him to translate their language to ours.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
attachment.php

I dont see the problem. yamaha and cat tow strap,fire wood and weapon storage. Diiferent but effective

Last edited:

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I think you need way more info before you start a sh*t storm. Weldings on a bolt? Weldings on the hole that the bolt goes thru?? WTF are weldings?

Bolts are solid, they are machined. Holes aren't weldinged :)P) they are drilled.

I have heard nothing but great things about the XM. No complaints. This is the first and I'm betting that there is more to the story. Punched a rock or a log and doesn't wanna admit it or something. Stuff just doesnt break on a sled riding on a bumpy trail.

Not here to cause a **** storm, so calm down. Dont need to act like an idiot. As said before i dont know the t-motion system, to say exactly what broke.

Just repeating what my friend who was there said, there was a welding near the bolt that broke. Im sure there is no need to worry for anyone. Just wanted to hear if anybody else has experienced this.

And yes, the t-motion broke on a bumpy trail, the guy riding it was with 7 other people and couldnt hide the story even if he would!

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Guessing just a bad weld from the factory. $hit happens. I don't think there will be an epidemic ala Poo driveshafts.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007

Honestly I have seen more suspension components break when riding mtn. sleds down "BUMPY" trails than I have seen when jumping or backcountry riding. Rough trails are subjective and to me a bumpy trail resembles a supercross whoop or rythm section with a bunch of excitable type characters racing each other down it to get to the end of the trail and the good snow. Just my expierience. Good luck with the tmotion but I expect to see alot more of these type failures. Buy a HOLZ skid! they will take it, and ride well doing it!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

easy fella...that time of the month for ya...??..an apology would likely be in order here...

L
Mar 8, 2008
Im guessing what broke is the ball joint where the rear scissor twists, there is threads welded to the joint itself.
It is potensially a weak point but can also just be bad welds from production, at least so far it does not seem to be a widespread problem.

yammyman_1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 10, 2010
Sturgeon County, Alberta
Probably just a POOlaris guy took a picture of his buddies XM while he was taking a piss. My guess is it's not even broken. It's just unbolted, rigged up and then put back together. Could just be a severe case of XM jealousy!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Give the guy a break, he's from Norway and English is probably a second language and difficult for him to translate their language to ours.

Didn't know he was from Norway. But it's still a very vague picture with an even more vague description. No one can even remotely figure out what happened. It would help to see a picture of all the broken pieces.

D
Oct 17, 2008
Oak Grove, MN
Didn't know he was from Norway. But it's still a very vague picture with an even more vague description. No one can even remotely figure out what happened. It would help to see a picture of all the broken pieces.

How's that pic vague??? Do you think he did that for the hell of it? The damn thing broke! As said........., he didn't have all the details yet... Settle down, and wait for additional info.... (Chit Happens sometimes..., and doesn't mean it's an epidemic.) :face-icon-small-dis

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway

Well i hope for yours sake, that there wont be more pictures of failures like this one. Dont have anymore pictures than that one, sorry.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Yes I hate my Polaris and im dying to buy a XM.

Or let me think, not!

http://youtu.be/Xmw-bj7FaRE

LOL. Not to bag on you but in that snow you can make a stocker wheelie like that. And I'll take an XM over a glued together POS PROlaris with a time bomb motor. I can't even count how many people I know with 2013s having issues now. But I'm holding out on the XM because I really think Ski Doo has something major planned, so I stay on my T-XP.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
LOL. Not to bag on you but in that snow you can make a stocker wheelie like that. And I'll take an XM over a glued together POS PROlaris with a time bomb motor. I can't even count how many people I know with 2013s having issues now. But I'm holding out on the XM because I really think Ski Doo has something major planned, so I stay on my T-XP.

I used to have issues with math also, you can always try high school upgrading. LOL. You guys and your Polaris horror stories are hilarious.
Yep they've got some issues, but what an awesome sled, as is the XM, the main difference is personal preference. And if you actually like the XP as much as you rant about, you will have a big adjustment coming in the switch over, cause the XM is an awesome sled in all aspects, the XP, still a tank, as it's always been. And if you're gonna boost that XM, you'll be buying a new skid if you wanna climb a hill, the wheely factor is an issue, and screwing it down tight just messes up the rest of the handling.
Good for both of them, Polaris has some little issues to deal with but what an awesome performing sled, and Doo really changed a band aided trail sled chassis into a fun mountain sled.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
"Polaris has some little issues"

ya,just stay in the flat meadows with the old women and you might not strip a QD belt.LOL

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
"Polaris has some little issues"

ya,just stay in the flat meadows with the old women and you might not strip a QD belt.LOL

Another option for the Poo guys, Just do all your ridin on here with snomobiler, your problems will be minimized and you can also talk about the deficiencies. Some of you guys must see a problem with whichever brand you don't own, multiply the occurrence by about 20 , then come on here yapping, with the apparent assumption that none of the rest of the 4m spends any time with these sleds in the mountains.
Example, in our regular riding group there are 7 new Pros, we've been in the mountains since the middle of November, not one issue with drive belt or driveshaft, no motor issues whatsoever, last year locally very low number of 11 or 12 Pro motor issues. We have however had an oil pump stick wide open on an XM and a buddy hit a fairly mild creek and broke off his fuel nipple and 2 more that same weekend in other groups. Itll be remedied, just like the driveshaft, just a dumb design, but some would make it seem like an epidemic.
And yeah I know, the Poo guys have been just lucky cause you've seen hundreds of driveshafts and belts stripped in your area. Must be different snow conditions. Since the draggins went away the Poo motors have been BETTER, still need lots of improvements, but better, hopefully they'll continue to improve. Poo has been spending time and money on motor improvements with the best mountain chassis IMO hands down, and good on em for building the belt drive stock, it's about time someone did. , Doo, best motor by far, so they've been spending time and money trying to improve the chassis and handling in the snow and they still need to figure out how to get all the HP to the snow.
Good on both of em, if you take off the decal blinders, it comes down to personal preference.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
if everybody downplays the breaking 12k garbage,they might not fix it in 2014.

Premium Features