• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have any details on the Jaws Single Pipe?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
They were just finishing up testing this spring. Should be soon. Ill call Greg Monday and find out, check that, it'll be Tuesday.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Spoke to them some weeks ago. They said 12hp gain. Did not mention wheight loss. 799cad for the pipe.
Would love to try one. Their twin on my m8 was rocking big time.....

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
I have had Jaws pipes, Bender Pipes, Aaen, you name it.. Obviously each has its spot.

I will say I had to weld my Jaws pipes almost every other ride.

That being said for the P.C. 800 I went with Neil @ NPP. for the second time. Best built pipe I have ever seen.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
The best out of all the pipes made. It was louder than all as well. But you can spec. it with Neil and he will build it to your likes. I had more going on than the pipe. So with that being said. I spoke to Ken at MDS and clutched it

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
The best out of all the pipes made. It was louder than all as well. But you can spec. it with Neil and he will build it to your likes. I had more going on than the pipe. So with that being said. I spoke to Ken at MDS and clutched it

Wow those NPP cone pipes sure are purrdy! Might have to look into one. Thanks.

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
I have herd the stock pipe on the procross/climb sleds sucks and there are big gains to be had with a pipe, unlike the 2011 and below where the stock pipe was pretty good. Something to do with the pressure inside the pipe being to low in the 2012 and up pipe vs the older 2011s.

R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I also ran an NPP pipe on my old 2010 M8 from Neil... like posted above you can spec how loud you want the can on it, he makes 3 different levels, quiet-mid-loud... and i warn you loud is loud!!!

My 2010 M8 made 11Hp on the dyno - over bone stock. I was using a PC V for fuel management - revving slightly higher than stock (2-300rpm).

I would definitly use NPP again - every pipe he makes is completely hand built with your sled on the dyno - no template copies. And the pipes look awesome.

P.s. He also makes twins but he makes the sled rev to 9000 and makes big hp but not really mountain applicable with that kind of power range - more of a drag-race setup.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
I hope that is a full system. Pipe/can /y-pipe. :face-icon-small-sho

You should assume so. To get 12hp gain, you can't use the stock silencer. Y-pipe I have no idea, but I don't really see where ther gains are to be made over a stock y-pipe. On the older one it was obvious when you looked at it, but the HO Y-pipe has no restrictions.

S
Sep 25, 2011
Stock internal pressures are in the mid 3 psi range. 4 psi is ideal. Cat made the stinger a bit wider to achieve this. They also pulled some timing from the motor. This was probably in response to some people bitching about their 10/11 800HO going into limp mode all the time due to deto issues.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The Jaws single is available in the pipe/ypipe/can combo. HP is in the pipe and Y pipe. We will have systems available in 5-7 days. They are starting to head this way now. We will slap a system on a new sled and have a test write up very soon.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
The Jaws single is available in the pipe/ypipe/can combo. HP is in the pipe and Y pipe. We will have systems available in 5-7 days. They are starting to head this way now. We will slap a system on a new sled and have a test write up very soon.

Why don't you get an NPP pipe set-up also and do a comparison. IE fit finish performance, and customer service?

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Any price on the jaws system? How about the guys that bought npp pipes, what did you guys pay?

Premium Features