• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can Dyno sheets???

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
Im sure this topic has been coved but i cant find it so ill ask. I have heard that on the etche's most aftermarket cans actualy cost u a couple hp and there are only a few that dont cost you hp. Does anyone have any dyno sheets or knowledge on which can runs the best. In the past on my carbed sleds i have been partial to dynoport, i like the sound clip of the etech carbonlite can and fact that it is the lightest but ive heard they loose hp. need advise please help

A
Jan 31, 2010
Stay away from the carbon fiber can unless they have redesigned them. I put one on my carbed 800r and lost major rpms. Put stock can back on and gained them all back.

They are amazingly light though.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I wouldn't put too much faith in dyno testing cans....too many variables with altitude, pipe temps etc....there will be swings of a few HP/TQ one way or the other on back to back runs with the same cans, so saying a specific silencer loses or gains 1-2-3 HP is within the margin of error IMO.
Go with a reputable brand and you will be fine. Quality of built and fit is more important...so many seem to fit poor and leak or rub holes in things.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Had carbon sled parts .com can on my 800 ptek, worked great when can & pipe got hot 1 lil pull or so. But was about 200 rpms short when cool. Loved the sound buddies didnt. May go hps on the etec. My .02

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Stay away from the carbon fiber can unless they have redesigned them. I put one on my carbed 800r and lost major rpms. Put stock can back on and gained them all back.

They are amazingly light though.

I had a custom Carbon can made for the 880. It does have a larger tube than my Aaen can and be too loose for some applications, Those who say they dont perform as well could install a thin ring to build a tad more backpressure and test her.I will be running it against my Aaen as well to test her, It is 2.5 Lbs.

Premium Features