• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 Sinister Goggle review, and a new 509 Hat giveaway

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Shot a quick 509 Sinister Goggle review, find it here, I'll be giving away the hat on my facebook page "PowerModz" details coming tomorrow, here's the vid:

http://youtu.be/NXa8cF1PT6M

Cheers!

louis

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
just a FYI polarized goggles are only for bright sunny conditions. For flat light the polarization has no effect.

Polarized goggles/glasses reduces the effect of glare caused by reflecting sunlight. Has to do with the physics of light. The majority of reflected light waves are horizontal while original light is vertical.

So the goggles/glasses have a type of filter that block the horizontal light waves and allows the vertical light waves thru. Polarization!

-diz

Last edited:
L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Hence why if you turn polarized lens 90 degrees to each other they darken right up.

Thanks for watching.

S

sailUT

Nov 23, 2008
Fruit Heights, Utah
What 509 goggle works best for over the glasses application?
I purchased a 509 carbon helmet at the SLC show and my old goggles fit it good, but not great.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
It will depend on the shape of your frames. But while working the Denver snow snow I got to see several different people try on goggles over their glasses.

Most seemed to think the Sinisters fit the best.

I would hit a local dealer and try them for yourself. If that is not possible you can always order from 509...if they do not fit...they will let you return them.

www.ride509.com

T
Dec 14, 2011
Bozeman, MT
Love my 509s, got the sinisters and the aviators but I got my aviators right before polarized lens for them were available. I'll have to get polarized this year, but if your looking for better quality of vision I would highly consider the aviators! Your range of view is awesome and they fit in the helmets like the sinister

JAW

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2009
Kettle Falls, Steamboat Springs, CO
What 509 goggle works best for over the glasses application?
I purchased a 509 carbon helmet at the SLC show and my old goggles fit it good, but not great.

I have worked 6 shows this fall selling 509 and agree with Diz that the sinister seems to be the most preferred goggle with people who wear glasses. However, if the sinister does not work with your glasses you can order a set of prescription lenses that will fit in the sinister frame.

Check out: rxgoggles.com or phone 1-888-RX-goggles

It was good meeting you in Toronto last weekend Skebo. You hitting up Novi this weekend?

Have a good one,

JW

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
I have worked 6 shows this fall selling 509 and agree with Diz that the sinister seems to be the most preferred goggle with people who wear glasses. However, if the sinister does not work with your glasses you can order a set of prescription lenses that will fit in the sinister frame.

Check out: rxgoggles.com or phone 1-888-RX-goggles

It was good meeting you in Toronto last weekend Skebo. You hitting up Novi this weekend?

Have a good one,

JW

Thanks for that info, my glasses days are behind me now. Was great meeting you at the show, Shane is lucky to have you as an associate - damn hard worker. I won't be to any more shows for this season, next year we might hit 2-3 if we can carve out some time.

Thanks for the input and stay safe.

Louis

Premium Features