• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha 2013

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
My prediction would be BNG.:face-icon-small-dis

What I'd really like: Chassis similar to Pro RMK, 800 SDI triple 2-smoker, single pipe with turbo, 162"x15"x3" track. 3 year warrany.

lets hear your predictions and your dream Yami production sled!:pop2:

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
They were close to releasing a factory turbo last yr but it didnt meet emissions, maybe they have it perfected enough this yr to release it.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
new front end on nytro's is what i heard...similar to the skinz or zbroz i guess

Hopefully.. It would be nice if they did something with the subframe so you could loose some weight with the subframe and with the a-arms. Would be nice to drop some more weight on the front. It would also be nice if it were a cast aluminum piece, and maybe allowed for the steering to be more direct and have a more vertical angle to it.

We can dream though.. what is it, 2 months till we find out?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Usually the first part of February when they release the new models I thought. I am not getting my hopes up any time soon.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
I haven't even ridden my sled this year and we're already making our 2013 wish list. What a pathetic winter.

I hope the 2013 models come with all terrain tires.

:mad:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I haven't even ridden my sled this year and we're already making our 2013 wish list. What a pathetic winter.

I hope the 2013 models come with all terrain tires.

:mad:

ha ha... I haven't ridden mine either... I am going to put my cooler on it, fill it with beer and ice and call my sled the most expensive refrigerator ever!

S
Apr 12, 2008
expensive italian plumbing

geeeeeeeeeeeez, whatsamatta with youse guys? can't dream big? maybe somebody come with something like that expensive italian bike that uses japanese engines. all trick. very nice looking and runs and stops very well.
maybe something in an all titanium, chassis and tunnel. nice and stiff and very,very strong. and of course a very trick yammi genesis 5-valve. something out of there racing division. with a very trick clutch, of course. and of course something real out of the world when it comes to suspension and rail and hyfax. guy has to dream, doesn't he? especially when it's this dry a winter...oh yea, just remembered, a bimota!!!!!!!!!!!

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
BNG's on a Yamaha, haha! You can still use the same jacket from 10 years ago and still match your Yammi today....

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I won't mind seeing and owning a Yammi Nytro MTX or XTX that is 500lbs dry with a 10-12 gallon gas tank for real world riding.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Wish List
Factory 174 :face-icon-small-ton
Nypex or new Apex chassis
Boost ready, lower compression motor :face-icon-small-con
A 4 post primary clutch :face-icon-small-dis
A two stroke would be cool !!

Jager Bomb 243

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2009
Deforest Wisconsin
I don't ever forsee them ever going back to 2-stroke...they would be taking a huge slap in the face! Well since the 4 strokes aren't as good as we made them be in the last ten years...heres a 2 stroke. IMO it just wouldn't make sense. There is weight to be lost in the nytro chassis its just not in Yamaha's blood to make something that isn't bulletproof haha.

I could see BNG's and from what i heard new front end on the nytros...but ill tell ya for sure when they are released haha

M
Oct 18, 2010
My guess is that they will do something to the Nytro like they did to the apex for 2011, upgrade the existing chassie. Which may result in an improved front end, a small weight saving, a bit more power and perhaps even EPS?

Anyway, that's what I'm expecting IF they are going to do something new with the Nytro, even if the only thing they would have to do to get me to buy a new nytro is to fit the apex engine in the existing Nytro chassie. I love that 4-cyl engine but I don't get along that well with the apex chassie.

Premium Features