• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can anyone help me with riding areas?

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Do you have enough snow for riding?

I'm looking to come up to West Vancouver for the weekend of the 2/12/11. I would like to take my girlfriend riding saturday and then her brother riding sunday. They are both fairly new to riding so not looking for the steep and deep (if you have any deep). I think cypress mountain is in the brothers backyard but don't think there is any snow or riding there. Any recommendations that are not 4 hours away would be very helpful.

One other question....what are the rules about riding out of country sleds? Do i need to register or get a temporary riding permit to play up there? Will Washington tabs and park permits be adequate?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Links to riding trails or maps would also be great.

D
Apr 28, 2009
We have lots of snow. However, the quality of snow is not that great with the warm weather we've been having lately.

From West Van, the closest riding area for you is the sea-to-sky corridor.

45min: Brohm Ridge (go to www.btsc.ca for info)
1hr: Brandywine (trail is good for beginner that will lead you to brandywine meadow) www.powdermountainsnowmobiling.org
2hr: Rutherford (again good trail riding to the cabin but I wouldn't take new rider up to the glacier)

Premium Features