• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Neck Brace?

M
Feb 21, 2008
Denver
All my years of riding and playing hard have taken its toll on my neck (t4-t7 compressed). Does any one ride with a neck brace and/or have a recomendation on what to buy?

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
Neck Brace

Try a neck brace made by SIXSIXONE, They work really well. You have to look in the Motocross section of their web to find them. Don't even realize you have one on.

R
Nov 28, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I've always wondered why seemingly no one wears a leatt or something similar when riding. Leatt just came out with a non-adjustable model for like 200 bucks - going to pick one up for mx riding this summer.

Moqui - ask your Dr but I'm not sure that a brace will help your condition may only lessen any damage caused in the event of a crash. I am no doctor but seems like that would be the case. I had neck issues (whiplash) from a sled accident and couldn't ride for more than a few hours on one day with out suffering the next with neck pain. Bought the lightest helmet I could find and much of my problem went away. You may think about this as well. Good luck.

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana
brace-up

As a para for 17 years,and following a c5-c6 fusion in 06, I now use a sixsixone collar a good friend thought I might benefit from. I had my sons collar from his mx'n, but found that the sixsixone "youth" (slimmer) was less restrictive and helped immensely. I also recommend the lightest helmet, which is usually expensive... Anyhow, both pieces of equipment has made riding much more safer and less tiring.

Premium Features