• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017s - Any rumors?

T
Aug 8, 2011
I'd say there is Atleast moderate changes coming because of the blow out pricing and financing on the 2016s at the dealer.

I'm guessing they will say all new chassis and likely it will be a revised running board for more rigidity and possibly better snow clearance at the rear, a new hoop area for front board support, new skid needs to be built. A 174 3 inch setup is marginal and the shorter 3 inch sleds flip to easy. Weight loss from lighter exhaust and revised panels, hood air box and misc. Also a re program for a bit more zip from otherwise the same motor, likely a version of the new p drive clutch. It lowers belt temp and is close to half inch narrower..body work can be thinned up a bit. Should be fun to see.

I have both a t3 and an axys 3 inch. I prefer the doo in all ways except for on a steep side hill or crossing frozen ruts on the hill. I like how the doo initiates a roll. But it simply takes more effort in the really tough terrain.

Will be fun to see what comes out!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
There are big changes coming in the mountain segment, nothing for the flatlanders. (From a rep.)
It better be a chassis or Polaris is going to own 2017. Nothing wrong with the Etec, it still smokes the Axys, even the piped ones. It could use some cleaner clutching/power delivery, but we have seen the new clutch that they are racing this year, and for the first time Doo is competitive with Poo on the snox track.
I am thinking Summit XZ. Thinner, lighter, same Doo handling we love.

P

pitman

Mar 24, 2012
Edmonton
I was told a bb 872 or something like that! The deals are crazy rigt now just picked up a t3 174 sp with estart for 13400 out the door! Wanted to snow check but it was going to be almost 18000! 4600 I think I can buy better shocks! Oh and 3 years warranty

B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
Brp has some sort of high tech super hard plastic in the hills of the sea doos, could that be incorporated into the 2017s maybe?

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I heard there going to narrow up the body of the 2017's. So maybe new sidepanels kinda like the skinz ones?

I personally would be suprised to see an all new chassis for 2017. But I hope I am wrong!

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I heard there going to narrow up the body of the 2017's. So maybe new sidepanels kinda like the skinz ones?

I personally would be suprised to see an all new chassis for 2017. But I hope I am wrong!

That might be ok as long as they don't use skin's business model, showing pictures for six months telling everyone how cool their products are, then not having stock until halfway into the season.

:)

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If you've been in that forum lately and read a few posts, that should cure any temptation. LOL

I just want to know if I should prepare for a snowcheck or pick up a leftover ;)

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
If you've been in that forum lately and read a few posts, that should cure any temptation. LOL

I just want to know if I should prepare for a snowcheck or pick up a leftover ;)

Hmmmm...have not been over there. Must be some trouble brewing over there? I think I have been over to the Pro Forum 3 times since I checked my Summit. Kinda like looking at pictures of your ex wife, wtf for. :)

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I had a new girlfriend....for one ride.
Then went back to the wife and parting the gf.
I was posting since early season about Axys issues and getting torn to shreds for it, now those same threads are 10+ pages long with people's gripes about the Poos. There are some more serious issues here that I haven't seen posted about, but we need to see if warranty is going to cover them before I start stirring the pot. :)

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Stir away! I finally got some seat time on an Axys that already had bent A arms and was cutting timing randomly at the worst time possible and ended up in some bad sucks in the trees. Then on the ride out the throttle stuck WFO!

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
No Sh!+. Wow, I had no idea they were having any issues. I had noticed that when I had issues with my Pro it was like I was the only one and how DARE I speak such blasphemy!!! But the threads showed that I was one of 40%. But I got lam-blasted for being one of those that would not just take it in rear and smile. Sure Ski-doo has some quirks. Have to burp it like a baby to get it full of gas. It's a little squirrely when side hilling and climbing. A little wide in the bottom. But so far, knock on wood, she has got me in and OUT of every place I have led her in to. I am still a little taken back. I might have to sneak over to the dark side and do a little snooping on the Axys forum.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
In the last 4 years, not been towed out on a Doo once. Done towed me an Axys and a Pro recently though.
My Doos have never had repeated brake melt-downs or randomly caught on fire. Nuff said there for now......:)
Grippers and Doo heavy option springs on T3 sleds, COMPLETELY different animal. Wishy washy all but gone, predictable....me happy now.
Narrow them up, lighten them up, simplify drive system and under the hood, Doo will have a great sled that I cannot complain about!

Premium Features