For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Currently: ready to ride
cpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Mirage Trailer questions

I was so happy last year to finally be able to by a new enclosed. I had always wanted a Mirage and after spending considerable time giving all of them the once over I decided that it was the right one for me. I ordered at the snow show in October and picked it up 2 days before Thanksgiving. Couldn't have been happier that they built it that quick. After using it for one season though I wish they maybe would have spent a little more time and put a little more TLC into it.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issues.

#1 The trailer will pop the taillight fuse. I've had it back to the dealer to try to fix this twice and they say they got it figured out but in a matter of miles it will blow the fuse again. This isnt a truck problem either because I've tried both of my trucks and it will blow the fuse on both of them. Also tried my brother and Dads truck same thing. After taking it to the dealer last time I figured there just had to be a wire rubbing. I spent hours trying to find something to no avail.

#2 The side man door has never opened very well. Last month my kids went out to start their sleds and opened the door and the bottom hinge tore off the frame. The door now actually opens and closes much easier and smoother so I'm not sure I even want to fix this.

#3 The hinges on the front snowmobile door rusted off the frame in 2 months. Not sure if they were using tin foil to weld with that day or what. The dealer fixed this and said they did not know what happened there.

#4 This is not so much an issue but just a really really surprising design flaw. In my 2005 Cummins I can turn sharp enough that the rear bumper will hit the sides of the trailer. This isnt backing up and jackknifing it, it is simply turning around in the road as tight as I can turn and the bumper smashing in the door. I've pulled quite a few trailer and have never been able to do this. My F150 wont turn sharp enough to do it but my Dodge will. My Dad has Mirage that is 5 or 6 years older and the distance from the end of the tongue to the actual trailer is about 7" longer which apparently makes all the difference in the world because I cant do it pulling his trailer.

#5 I am already starting to have the flooring start to delaminate from the plywood sub-strait at the joints and especially on the back door. The problem with the back door is that they they did away with the fold over flap so you hit the 1.5" angle iron which needs to be a little taller because its not as tall as the flooring and the carbides are tearing it up.

Still love the trailer but I really dont think the newer Mirages are as well built as they were a few years ago.

Any idea of wear to look for my short in the lights?
Way more important than my sleds

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpa For This Useful Post:
bootz1981 (10-08-2014), Scott (10-08-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Currently: Not set.
DUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond repute

Be like Christopher and buy a new one every year. I have never owned one but good reviews are few are far.

The Following User Says Thank You to DUKHTR3 For This Useful Post:
christopher (10-09-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Dragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond reputeDragontex has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same issue with mine. I took it to a shop to get it looked at. When they took it in the lights were working and one of the workers asked why it was in the shop and hit the passenger side nose as he walked by. The lights went out. There was a wire that was rubbing against a screw. That could be why it works for awhile. With the vibration going down the road the wire moves against the screw. Hope this helps.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:26 PM
cpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I really do still love the trailer, just think that like most things there could be improvements.

I am even now more impressed because I got a PM from Mirage asking to bring the trailer to the factory so they could address the issues. Major props to Mirage for even offering something like that. Customer service like that is pretty tough to come by. You have a customer for life.

The Following User Says Thank You to cpa For This Useful Post:
christopher (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Currently: Loving my BMP 860
Thanked 1,552 Times in 915 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

They monitor this forum pretty close.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,973 Times in 7,118 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Let me make a call to Mirage on your behalf and see if I can't get someone from the company to jump into this thread.

What I can say is this, MY experiences with the new trailer I purchased from them last year were NOTHING like your's at all.

While I had some minor stuff that bugged me, it was just that, MINOR STUFF. Nothing structural at all. That is one of the reasons I am ordering the 2nd trailer and seeing what new goodies they have put together in response to my comments about the 2014 edition.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:52 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpa View Post
I really do still love the trailer, just think that like most things there could be improvements.

I am even now more impressed because I got a PM from Mirage asking to bring the trailer to the factory so they could address the issues. Major props to Mirage for even offering something like that. Customer service like that is pretty tough to come by. You have a customer for life.
Dang, that was fast!
Didn't even have to send the message to let them know about you.

Honestly, Mirage really is working on making a great trailer and being THE major player in the sled trailer industry.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Garage

I just have to say that the customer service by Mirage is by far the best in the industry. They stand behind their product and go above and beyond what they should. I honestly just wanted ideas of where to look for an electrical short when I started this thread, but have been blown away with Mirage even caring enough to PM me let alone offer to take care of all of the issues. Top notch trailer and out of this world customer service.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpa For This Useful Post:
christopher (10-14-2014), swikertrob (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Garage

Thats what I want to see.
They told me they are trying to rebuild their image and really push to be a great manufacturer. Follow through will show if they are doing it or not.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,001 Posts
Jaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond repute
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaynelson For This Useful Post:
christopher (10-14-2014), swikertrob (10-14-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Basic Member
07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute07dragonguy has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 11-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 11-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Currently: and here we have a monkey with 4 asses
Thanked 3,246 Times in 1,606 Posts
Mafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Mafesto For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Currently: ready for snow
jsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond reputejsledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to jsledder For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 11-15-2014, 12:25 AM
800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to 800poodragon For This Useful Post:
jsledder (11-15-2014)
Old 11-22-2014, 06:02 AM
Currently: rigging instad of riding
0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to 0neoldfart For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-23-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 11-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Currently: Damaging the Axys, one trip at a time
Basic Member
adamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register