• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wheels

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I think they are a pretty close match. I used trailer wheels .com they seemed to be the cheepest and they all had the same rims for sale. Went from a 14" to a 15" rim and used an online tire calculator for a similar size tire (tired-size-conversion.com). But it seems I could have maby went to a 16" for more bling affect and more importantly tire availability.

It had 205/75/14s (26.1") so a 205/75/15 is an inch bigger diameter (27.1") and same width. I definitely have the clearance for a half inch
205/65/16 (26.5") would be great if I could find a trailer tire in that size but the closest I can find is a 235/80/16 (30.8") way too big both directions so no go on the 16.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Do those lugnuts work with a standard socket or do they require a special splined socket? Also are they steel or aluminum?

I hate locking lugnuts, and lugnuts/wheels that require super thin wall sockets. It never fails, you get a flat and the socket is not where you though it was and your screwed.

That's one thing I have learned over the years. Checks lights, Tire pressure, tire condition AND valve stem condition, wheel bearings, Jack/lug wrench equipment, and spare tire(s) before every trip.

Back in the early days when we first started making 1000-2000 mile trips with different trucks and different trailers it never failed, You get a flat, or slip a belt in a tire, burnt up a hub, have no lights..........and its 3AM :) Eric

Premium Features