• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for Sled Deck.. wondering options?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I have the firestone airbags with the airlift wireless compressor kit. I mounted the compressor under the truck inside a cheap plastic toolbox to keep it out of the weather. It works really well and super clean install, no wires in the truck and the controller is very nice. I highly recommend it!
http://www.amazon.com/72000-Wireles...qid=1411919416&sr=8-1&keywords=air+lift+72000
Her is mine mounted inside the toolbox:

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Guys im driving an 09 GMC 6.6L 4 door reg box... It has a tunnel cover, Im new to the whole sled deck thing, so wondering, what am I expecting putting one on, and is it going to be a custom size, or is everything universal? Prices, brands? Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys :)

Have you used a deck yet. You are probably like me and run 10 hrs to get to snow. I tried the deck thing and didn't like it. I think it is great for an hr or two ride, but the 10 hr trips, I would rather have my sled in an enclosed. The sleds will still get full of road grime if the roads are wet and sleds aren't covered. Running on interstate into head winds, the mileage wasn't much better than pulling an enclosed. For the price of a high end deck, you can have a nice used trailer. Just my experience.

J
Aug 8, 2013
Yeah bacon you are right the closest I get to snow is about 4 hours to the bighorns or 5 to Cooke... West/big sky country pushes me about 12-14, it's usually just me riding or me and a buddy, so I don't see any reason to buy a trailer for one sled besides keeping it enclosed. Napoleon is a HIKE man! Where the heck do you go?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If I were you I'd check out tufflift.net. It's the nicest deck I have ever seen. They even make a 3 sled deck. Very nice quality and the owner is super nice. It will be my next deck.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I picked up 3mpg over an open 16ft trailer with a single sled. With 2, it's a wash. My commute for snow is never less than 18hrs.

I like the simplicity of the deck but would still prefer the enclosed if money grew on trees and I always had someone to ride with from back home. The truck is much more predictable in bad weather with the deck.

R
Mar 16, 2010
I've had a Silver Lake for 2 seasons now, I love it. I use it ALL the time; sleds pretty much live on it from Nov1-May-something, made ~50 trips last year, not sure year before.

Still on original decking/glides. I got the expandable deck - the wood does freeze to itself once in a while, but it is easy to rectify - I have a small nail puller I keep in the tray under the deck, just pry the wing away from the main deck, pop, it is free.

The Full Lotus looks REALLY nice - but for me, not $2k nicer. The Silverlake functions great - ramp is collapsible, slides into its little channel under the deck.

A friend's Pro would not drive onto my ramp, for some reason. That's the only weirdness I've had with it - the carbide rammed into the leading edge of the ramp (my slides are kinda beat up, going to order some new plastic as soon as I'm done with this post). Dunno what was up there - I've put a different Pro on without issue, and all of my sleds climb up just fine.

One of my sleds is a pig, too - 13 Skandic SWT. A) heavy. No idea how much it weighs, but probably 700+ pounds. No problem. I'm not exactly light, either. B) the ramp was not designed with 24" wide tracks in mind - when the sled is ON the deck, the hooks are wider than a 15 or 16" track. With the SWT, one hook is directly under the track. I got around that by screwing a piece of wood to the end of the deck - it lifts the sled off the deck just enough that you can unhook the ramp. That's not Silverlake's fault, though.

Certainly not bashing the other brands - I'm sure they're awesome - but the SLP deck does everything I want it to do for a whole lot less $$$.

One thing I'd ABSOLUTELY recommend, though, are Superclamps, no matter which deck you order. A normal screw-down clamp would be a pain in the butt. I bought mine with Superclamps as rec'd by BCIL. It made sense to me, but having lived with the deck a couple of seasons (and screw-type clamps on trailers), uhh, yeah - get superclamps! I only use the front, tie down the rear with a strap through the bumper.

I cover mine. Dryish roads, they're fine without, and they get nowhere near as dirty as they do on a trailer, but there's still a lot of nasty crap floating around up there.

I also built a box for under my deck - sheet of plywood on the bed floor, rollers, big drawer on top of it. The space at the front of the bed gets kinda unusable - this way, I can pull the giant drawer out, put stuff in, send it to the front of the bed, and it is still easy to get once there/unloading.

http://sledecks.com/

Happy customer. They make good stuff.

Premium Features