• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 T3 production changes

J

Jermbob

Oct 29, 2010
Winter Park
Thanks for all the info though. I will check into it. Can't wait for my 163 tractor to arrive!!! Think Snow!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
If Doo got rid of the holes in the track that was most likely do to a reliability issue with the track. As the holes lined up perfectly with the rear idler wheels, and the wheels where pushing out through the holes. Which is no good.

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Even though this will not cause me to not buy my t3, im still VERY BUMMED that now I have to spend $350 to get a quiet light weight can... when im already dropping $13000 on a new sled...

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Agreed im also disappointed bout the can thing. Im thinking I may go aftermarket now just so I can easily fit a hot dogger on it. Don't really want to spend another 350$+ dollars for different can though

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Indeed

Indeed there should be some form of compensation back to the consumer. We ordered the T3 as advertised, if it is delivered without the advertised features that's BS! What else will they be changing next month? We also bought the E start option, it had better fit!

Best yet, we bought in BC so we get to pay the double whammy tax, try $17,360.00 out the door!!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
What I don't get about the XRS is that I HAD to get e-start with my 600, there was no pull option. Now there is no pull option for the 800 also. Why would they NOT sell the hottest trail ripper they make without e-start?
I can guess:
It is cheaper for them to make them all with a more expensive e-start than tool up for both options.
They are eliminating their recoil which was a warranty cost issue.
They are forcing guys to pay for estart, thus making more money.

The T3 can thing is a bit mind boggling to me. The can was in the works way before it was put out there to the public, many of us knew or guessed at it months ahead of time. It was ridden on demos for 3-4 months, after it was a publicly ridden sled. And as was posted above, it really isn't much (if any) louder than the 14 can, which is ridiculously quiet compared to other brands. So suddenly there is a noise issue? Then BRP claims that even though they added weight, they still came up with the same advertised weight? I call BS on all of it, there is a lot of double talk in those letters.
174 T3 advertised same weight as 2014 163. Add 6 pounds (guessing) in muffler, still equals 2014 163 weight? I am pretty sure my 2014 Summit didn't fluctuate it's weight based on how much water she was retaining.
Doesn't make sense.
Problems with supplier, too many 2014 mufflers on the shelf, too expensive to make the new cans, or they found an issue with the cans on the demos after all the miles, I would bet good money that it had nothing to do with noise, they are just trying to save face by blaming it on something out of their control.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
And, to be fair, this isn't really the way the consumer was supposed to find this out, but as SWsters, I kinda figure we aren't all "normal" consumers.
The consumer letters may be all warm and fuzzy with apologies and compensation, who knows. I really cannot see a business like BRP doing this, regardless of reason, and not trying to keep the customers happy.

Premium Features