• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRYGSTAD MOTORSPORTS DEALER NETWORK

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
Well Dave delivered once again I just finished up my first race of the season and was more than pleased with my 2014 Freeride 872 E-Tech Trygstad. With 45 mile 0n the sled and never hitting a practice course this year with it I ended up qualifying first in the 1000 Imp stock class by over a second and ended up with third over all due to dumb mistakes in the finals. I have no dough that this is the best sled combo out there period and iv had and do have some sick fast sleds to compare it to. Thanks Dave :face-icon-small-hap

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
www.trygstad-motorsports.com

No complaints from this guy. I love my new engine. It is beginning to really come to life now that I have hit the 100 mile mark. It keeps getting stronger and takes whatever I want to throw at it, so far. Now to get the clutching dialed. It's close, but I think the stronger the engine gets, the more I will have to tinker. Thanks Dave!!

Oh, and the 860 in my signature is running VERY strong as well.

Kevinm7

Thanks for the info and get 150-200 miles and it should settle in to fine tune clutching and jetting, Amazing how these 872's like the fuel! Get ahold of me end of season and I can help you out with updating that 10
860 build, Many changes and updates have been done in the last 4 years
with our products!

Give a call or email with anything needed,

Dave Trygstad
http://trygstad-motorsports.com
507-281-3545

M
Apr 19, 2010
Well dude that was a sweet ride I do have a new respect mountain biker's they ride some sick terrain never again:face-icon-small-sho ,but thanks it was a blast.Mr Trygstad your 872 ran flawless I've ran engine tek,CR racing billet thermostat housing and even eliminated the thermostat all together and your water manifold ran a constant 2 bars .highvoltagesledhead march 20-23 is Jackson hole this should workout with even a trip to sobola :face-icon-small-coo
in the pics i got ,your arms look pretty tired, must of been from the tree ridin:face-icon-small-win

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
872 Etec Big Bore

Well Dave delivered once again I just finished up my first race of the season and was more than pleased with my 2014 Freeride 872 E-Tech Trygstad. With 45 mile 0n the sled and never hitting a practice course this year with it I ended up qualifying first in the 1000 Imp stock class by over a second and ended up with third over all due to dumb mistakes in the finals. I have no dough that this is the best sled combo out there period and iv had and do have some sick fast sleds to compare it to. Thanks Dave :face-icon-small-hap

Justin,
Wait til you get that one completely broke in and I am sure I will be getting
some more great results from you after every event, I can not even begin
to add up the Podium finshes we have achieved together, And also for the Jackson event I will have some contingency money for you guys also,
See you there,

Sounds like all the other 872's performed well also,

This is the way we like to showcase our products in front of real crowds and
with published results and Ski Doo factory backed racers!!

Dave Trygstad
:http//trygstad-motorsports.com
Your Leader in Rotax Performance and Development!

M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008
What are the dates for Jackson Hole event? do they video stream this event on any sport channel? would be a fun event to take in for sure!:face-icon-small-coo the 872 coupled with talented riders makes for a great combo.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I Would say Dave that we tested the piss out of your new @#$%^&'s and they past are stress test .Will need some shipped are way for highvoltagesledheads sled.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I put some seat time on mountainhigh's 872 yesterday and I have to say I was pretty impressed. My cousin used to run a bikeman 1250 and this motor would out pull it easily. I'm thinking I might have to see Dave for a kit for my 2011 etec.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I put some seat time on mountainhigh's 872 yesterday and I have to say I was pretty impressed. My cousin used to run a bikeman 1250 and this motor would out pull it easily. I'm thinking I might have to see Dave for a kit for my 2011 etec.
Haha you use the 1250 BMP for comparison to Daves motor~!!!! .NO 872 FOR YOU.Lmao

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
mountainhighs 872

Jason,
Great to see that you got a chance to try one out for yourself and make
your own opinions of our product, Give me a call and see what I can help
you out with , Many more updates and products coming from us!!!

Seems like there is a lot of claims coming out of someones big challenge,
One thing for sure they hide far from the real results and have learned to
turnout when behind one certain 872!!

Dave Trygstad
Your Leader in Rotax Performance and Development

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Jason,
Great to see that you got a chance to try one out for yourself and make
your own opinions of our product, Give me a call and see what I can help
you out with , Many more updates and products coming from us!!!

Seems like there is a lot of claims coming out of someones big challenge,
One thing for sure they hide far from the real results and have learned to
turnout when behind one certain 872!!

Dave Trygstad
Your Leader in Rotax Performance and Development

What?They said it was a draw lmao.:face-icon-small-sho

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
What?They said it was a draw lmao.:face-icon-small-sho

Yah they did didn't they. Was hoping to see etecs go at it and that didn't even happen.

Dave when do you expect these changes will come to the consumer?
My dealer is getting more of your kits but would like the latest and greatest.
I'm seriously considering one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Are you guy's referring to the 880 challenge that didn't really happen because of closed roads and a guy going to the hospital? The only ones there were madmini and scratley ,both carbed, and they were going back and forth. Mini's sled is very different from what you buy as a 872 kit. Much closer to what you get when doing the 880, he's running pipe, y pipe, reeds, belt drive, bored carbs and a 3'' track to boot. Sled is awesome.

Honestly, they are both great motors, 872 and 880, but we should all get over it. It's fun having a different option. Everyone else around here has SHR motors. Another buddy just installed a 872 in his XM but it isn't up and going yet. Hope to see how it runs.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Yah they did didn't they. Was hoping to see etecs go at it and that didn't even happen.

Dave when do you expect these changes will come to the consumer?
My dealer is getting more of your kits but would like the latest and greatest.
I'm seriously considering one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did get a stab at a e-tec 872 2 years old build I believe.:face-icon-small-blu

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Are you guy's referring to the 880 challenge that didn't really happen because of closed roads and a guy going to the hospital? The only ones there were madmini and scratley ,both carbed, and they were going back and forth. Mini's sled is very different from what you buy as a 872 kit. Much closer to what you get when doing the 880, he's running pipe, y pipe, reeds, belt drive, bored carbs and a 3'' track to boot. Sled is awesome.

Honestly, they are both great motors, 872 and 880, but we should all get over it. It's fun having a different option. Everyone else around here has SHR motors. Another buddy just installed a 872 in his XM but it isn't up and going yet. Hope to see how it runs.
yA I'M talking about the weekend or 2 ago my self ,and you are right and I've said it my self 2 great builders ,but some guy's were relentless .

Premium Features