• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

...at it again...

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
So apparently the members here can NOT post anything negative about a Snow West forum contributor!

Thats how i see it... You cowards!

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
Wow, this is news to me. Funny you posted this. My thread about Dan Davidoff was removed. I figured by the title of this thread that's what it was about.

Talk about a hitler youth camp.

I Pm'd the moderator to see wtf is going on. I'd like to see what the reason was.

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
I didn't understand closing that one down. There was multiple posts on both sides of the fence. There has been numerous threads on the same topic involving other folks and those threads were not shut down. I don't think it was a matter of anyone not being kind, honest or gentle. It was a mistake that could have been resolved with 2 min. And a smart phone. On the bright side... I bet you see a Paypal notice in your email fairly soon!

Last edited:

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Do not tell the truth

This place is getting fogged up. You told the truth and are willing to post the actual conversation and they remove your post. Its getting old. I bet if you put a post saying how dan is such a great guy and pays his bills on time they wont remove it. What a joke.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Over-reaction at the least.

Perhaps it may be prudent to spend a little less time oppressing speech around here
& a little more effort into fixing the glitches in this site?

Now a counter point......
Perhaps your thread would have been left up if your were a paid member?
Just a thought.

Last edited:
M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
Paid member?!?! Are you serious too. Since when did posting require you to open your pocket.

Paying for this site or any other is a scam. If what your saying is true, why is it only a choice and not mandatory. Get real.

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
I USED to be a "paid" member here. About two years ago...then as we all know things started to change(not for the better IMO)

I decided against re subscribing and have since found another forum that feels
more like this place used to.

I am probably in the minority and im sure this forum has increased its membership since then, but for me its was a waste of money!

The only reason i even came her is to see what was in the thread about Dan(crazy canadian) Then BOOOM deleted

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Just for the record..

I was the moderator that did the delete... So don't look at Dunatic or Slash or Christopher for this one.

It has nothing to do with paid or not... And Dan is not a contributor (as far as I know) .

I also believe that the site should be free... but I'm willing to pay a 12-pack for it for the fun that I have and people that I've met though some are not.

I did take the time to contact Mike and also follow up to help him out to the best of my abilites.

I'm just not a fan of airing personal business on the forums regardless of the parties involved. I'm in the minority on this... and the tread has been put back up for that reason.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
backcountryrebels.com is where a bunch of people went when snowest started charging. Its a pretty good fourm, espically the Alaska section compared to here...

However, the new product announcements, deals, in depth tech info (THANKS MOUNTIANHORSE!) and general sled specific knowledge is much better here.

I wish this site were free but the knowledge off of this site has paid for itself tenfold just in the last year.

I don't want snowest to become a bash fest for people to air out their dirty laundry, but some things need to be said. That thread started out asking for an honest opinion, and I feel when people get out of line threads do need to be locked to keep the content here friendly and useful. Locked not deleted. There's a differance in saying enough is enough and censorship.

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
apparently the forum police decided the title "Hitler is at it again" was too offensive...

Seriously?? Who do these moderators think they are?

Premium Features