For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
iDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond reputeiDahoiPilot has a reputation beyond repute
Default MIRAGE / BALBOA TRAILERS ARE JUNK!!!

I've owned my Mirage Extreme Sport 28 foot enclosed snowmobile trailer for about 3 years and have had nothing but problems with it. This last week was the last straw. I looked under it *to investigate a hose that was hanging down. Turns out my fuel tank was GONE!!! There was 1 mounting bracket still there and it had peeled off the tank. I wonder which one of our widland fires was caused by that this summer.

Anyway, *I took the trailer to the plant as I had many times before (my dealer American Trailer Sales didn't even return my phone call) for defects and was told that the manufacturer of the tank was to blame and they were now out of business. The "Good Faith" response I got was that they would pay for half of the repair. Leaving me to pay $800 for it. Now I understand that this thing is 3 years old and the warranty period is only 1 year. But imagine what would happen if this were a Ford...or a Toyota. Something so critical as a FUEL TANK shouldn't fall out of an over-the-road vehicle for ANY REASON EVER!!! Well since I had already had to pay for an upgraded fuel pump previously the estimate was reduced to $600. I reluctantly agreed.

The next day I get a phone call from the plant and was told that the axles were also cracked and needed repleced. The "Good Faith" response to this one...."we'll do it for cost". The excuse was similar to the fuel tank. The fact that there is a lawsuit against the axle manufacturer doesn't make me feel any better.

Again...I understand this thing is out of warranty and is 3 years old. BUT...I used this thing MAYBE 15 times each of the first 2 years I owned it and less than 5 times this year!!! It MIGHT have 10,000 miles on it. To me this is TOTALLY unacceptable! Prior to this trailer I owned an Interstate for 3 years and only had to take it in once for a very minor repair to the electrical system that was my fault. I could have bought another Interstate for $9,000 but instead spent $14,000 on the Mirage because my dealer told me they are much better built and stand behind their product. Well that didn't turn out to be true.

So first thing I did after getting my trailer back was look underneath at my new tank. I thought it was very interesting that this time there are steel STRAPS holding the tank in. It seems to me that even the old tank with an inferior weld job on brackets should have been installed with straps.

THOUGHT I WOULD GET THEIR ATTENTION BY POSTING THIS ON NUMEROUS FORUMS BUT I FOUND SO MANY OTHER SIMILAR STORIES I'M SURE THIS WILL GET LOST IN THE MIX.

For what it's worth here are the other issues I've had to take the trailer back for:

Screws protruding 1.5" into the wheel wells caused damage to tires. Replaced screws with shorter ones as well as 1 new tire.
Screws attaching exterior panels missing. Still constantly need to be screwed back in.
Rewire fuel pump
Replace fuel pump (MY EXPENSE)
Rewire stereo
Fuel tank missing, replaced*(MY EXPENSE)
10,000 lb. axles cracked, replaced*(MY EXPENSE)

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iDahoiPilot For This Useful Post:
J-Dog (12-06-2011), MARCUSO (12-10-2011)
Old 12-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Currently: I need a sled......
Racer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDahoiPilot View Post

THOUGHT I WOULD GET THEIR ATTENTION BY POSTING THIS ON NUMEROUS FORUMS BUT I FOUND SO MANY OTHER SIMILAR STORIES I'M SURE THIS WILL GET LOST IN THE MIX.
Appreciate the story (they surface just about as fast as the university s ex scandal stories in the last few months now). All we need is a handful more 'one-post-wonders' filling up this section with their nightmarish Mirage stories. MODS, can we consider making a sub-section for all these threads so useful Truck/Trailer info doesn't 'GET LOST IN THE MIX'?

racer
Mitch - RMSHA #220

Old 12-05-2011, 09:52 AM
dale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond repute

Let the poor guy say his piece, he's 74 years old and thought he bought a quality product only to have been suckered into a trailer from a manufacturer with poor quality control, many proven customer issues of failures.

When your axles fail on a less than two year old trailer causing major damage that the manufacturer walks away from any responsibility wouldn't you be upset or choked?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Racer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer220 has a reputation beyond repute

No, not really. I'll be realistic with you. I'm definitely not one to troll on here and bash the people that are already bashing something. I'm just not all that sympathetic about a situation that seems so 'chronic', yet all these people seem so surprised when they have an issue with their Mirage. I also don't think it is relevant to create a bunch of user accounts on different forums to try and prove a point.

I have a good friend that has had 2 fully setup Mirage trailers in the last 5 years with 0 issues. Built clean, nothing falling off, no axles breaking, good quality trailers. Is it obvious that they have some quality control issues? Yes. Won't disagree there. Would you go pay $40k for a truck just because it looked good on the outside and a salesman 'suckered' you into believing it was a great vehicle? Would you spend $10k+ on a sled under the same circumstance? A house for $200k+? No, you wouldn't. You would do your homework on it and know exactly what you were buying and what reputation to expect for who you are dealing with.

The information is out there. Mirage has been around a lot longer than the last 3-4 years with thousands of trailers being sold. Having a background from working at a powersports dealership I have plenty of experience with customers coming back with issues on a number of things. The attitude of the customer, condition of the vehicle, dates in relation to warranty periods all factor into what a dealer/manufacturer have to deal with. We don't just pick and choose who we want to make things right with as they walk through the door. There's always 2 sides to every story. Seems like we only hearing 1 of them about Mirage trailers as the days go by. Understand now why I don't just respond with a heart felt message of sympathy every time a new bash thread is started?

racer
Mitch - RMSHA #220

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Racer220 For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (12-05-2011), christopher (12-06-2011), swikertrob (12-05-2011)
Old 12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Currently: Have fun while you can
Thanked 1,137 Times in 667 Posts
Pro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't reading these forums part of doing your home work? I get a lot of input here.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:14 PM
J-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJ-Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me like another dealer that I don't want to go to.

The Following User Says Thank You to J-Dog For This Useful Post:
Bent tail brewing (04-01-2014)
Old 12-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Currently: Doo you know Garrett?
Basic Member
MOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSKIDOO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mirage

If your friend did his homework then why did he buy a Mirage??? Well he's had 0 issues, so the guy that buys one and has major problems SHOULD be surprised I would think. Don't most people come here for information?... Good or bad. Remember if the world didnt SUCK we'd all fall off

Old 12-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Currently: boondocker axys is ripping!! Love it
Thanked 1,116 Times in 528 Posts
M8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond reputeM8Chris has a reputation beyond repute

When the day comes for me to buy a trailer it'll be a trails west or a triton. Mirage is completely out of the picture after all the bad things I have read. Had a couPle buddies who were gonna buy a mirage and they changed their mind after I told them to read what's on here.

The Following User Says Thank You to M8Chris For This Useful Post:
MARCUSO (12-10-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 12:34 PM

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Reality hits you hard bros, and that's a record for me. I must be coming off as too much of a supporter for the Mirage cause. I'll tone it down a little.
Mitch - RMSHA #220

The Following User Says Thank You to Racer220 For This Useful Post:
dale dalueg (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 01:06 PM
dale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond reputedale dalueg has a reputation beyond repute
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dale dalueg For This Useful Post:
M8Chris (12-08-2011), MARCUSO (12-10-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Currently: Building the best Snowmobile Trailers in America.
SnoWest Sponsor
swikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Currently: Building the best Snowmobile Trailers in America.
SnoWest Sponsor
swikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond reputeswikertrob has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Basic Member
DeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond reputeDeepPow has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-11-2011, 12:36 AM
wilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond reputewilbilly has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Basic Member
Bestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond reputeBestyet has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Bestyet For This Useful Post:
swikertrob (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 12:13 PM
ndC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to ndC7M8 For This Useful Post:
swikertrob (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 07:08 PM
Currently: I know, let's have a spelling contest
Thanked 1,468 Times in 846 Posts
AndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-24-2014, 07:17 PM
ndC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond reputendC7M8 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,039 Times in 7,127 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 02-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Currently: Loving the new Silber external wastegate turbo!
Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,214 Posts
skibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to skibreeze For This Useful Post:
Blown Motor (02-25-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,039 Times in 7,127 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
801 (02-25-2014), PowderGirl (03-01-2015), swikertrob (02-25-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 12:06 AM
Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,002 Posts
Jaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Currently: Patiently waiting for my '19
Thanked 1,004 Times in 598 Posts
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Currently: Getting my Wolverine R-Spec ready for summer fun!
MORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond reputeMORSNO has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register