• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies Ride Clinic Big Horn Mountains with Amber Holt

mtpwdrchick

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
MT
Ok girls...we need some action for this ride to take place. Sounds like James needs about 4-6 more ladies to sign up for this ride in order for it be a "GO". It is going to be on the Lovell side of the Big Horn Mountains on Saturday December 3rd. Amber Holt WILL be there teaching the clinic and the cost is $150. (I heard a rumor that her goal is to have every lady learn how to do a downhill U Turn by the end of the day) I don't know about you, but I have watched that in videos and thought "No Way".

There will be some people willing to transport sleds and I would be happy to take a trailer and have some girls ride with us. This sounds like an amazing opportunity and I really hope we can make it happen. I look forward to meeting some new girls to ride with and learn some amazing new skills on the mountain.
Please call James at Hi Tech Yamaha right away at (406) 652-0090.

B

beefspots

Mar 10, 2008
Dayton, Wyo.
Started 2-3 hours late my girl got about 2 hrs of actual time learning. Some gal got hurt about that time and it was all over but the crying! (no pun intended) Hope she is ok. The whole deal was pretty unorganized in my eyes I really don't know who to blame but $150 bucks for 2 hours?? I hope next time Hi Tech (arctic cat) sets up a ladys ride over here there is a little more time and effort on the logistical side of things.

On the other hand a couple husbands and myself took off and found some good snow but still no bottom.....Always a good time if ya have no time to take a picture. I cratered an a arm on way back to High Country but rode back to Bear and got home safe.

Beef

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
dang

thats too bad would, i like seeing people learn. especially with the given conditions that day if things would have went right there coulda been some good shots of the gals rippin! i was very patient with one of my buddys gals one day and when we came back from the ride i could see serious improvements. made us both feel good, her enjoying the freedom and us not getting as stuck!

B

Budd

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern, ID.
Hi every one, I'm Amber's husband Budd. I would like to explain the difference between a personal riding clinic and a dealer hosted riding clinic.

If you engage in a personal riding clinic you have two options, the instructor will come to your back yard or you can travel to the instructors base of operations. When you choose to do it this way the entire event is between you and your instructor. (booking your dates, your deposit, accommodations, and final payment) Every aspect of the clinic is your instructors responsibility, days, times, location, safety, legal permits, over all experience, everything. Your paying for a service and your complete satisfaction is the goal every one is shooting for.

A dealer hosted riding clinic is planed, organized, and carried out by the dealer that is hosting the event. The dealer decides who they want to hire for an instructor, the dates that the event will be held, the time it will start and end on that day, and the location. The dealer also handles all the money, they charge what ever they want, it can even be free if that is what they want to do, and when the event is over the dealer pays the instructor what ever fee they had agreed on prior to the event. The instructors soul responsibility at a dealer hosted riding clinic is to provide quality riding instruction in the time they have been allotted by the dealer.

This dealer hosted event was brought to you by Hi-Tech Motor Sports of Billings, Mt.

Thank You for your time, Budd

Last edited:
B

beefspots

Mar 10, 2008
Dayton, Wyo.
Budd,

Thanks for the detailed explaination.....Please let Amber know my wife did pick up some good pointers in the short time they had.

Beef

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
I hope amber does it again next year, my wife really wanted to go this year, but she wont pull a trailer and im not around to do it

please let me know if she does....My wife will definatly be there, and hopefully on a new PRO

Premium Features