• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gloves

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yup, Klim Powercross are great but mine got a little sloppy and lose fitting over time. New they fit like a "glove" and now they fit like my sweats.

I bought a pair of True North Adventure gloves to try this season. I have heard nothing but good things about them. I haven't tried them yet though.

I also bought some Duluth Trading company Winter XPS Wind proof and water proof for $25 a pair (that's what they cost if you buy two pair). If they work they will be a smoking deal, if they don't you can buy them :face-icon-small-hap.

I'm done with gloves that aren't waterproof. One guy getting stuck and having to dig him or me out and your average ski glove is wet. Two stucks and they're soaked.

Yes, I use mechanics gloves in the spring but, only when it's nice and toasty.

Frosty

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I love my Pearl Izumi's. You can get them at REI or any bike shop.

For me they are the perfect thickness. On a 20below day, they are on the thin side. But other then that I love them.

http://www.rei.com/product/741052

As a sledder, why are you buying anything from REI? They are one of the biggest contributors to organizations who's primary goal is to shut down motorized use of the backcountry.

Use REI for sizing and finding stuff you like, but go online and buy elsewhere.

As for the topic, I really like the Thor Ride gloves...they are a motocross style glove for cold/wet weather. They have a membrane to keep the wind out area are fairly water resistant.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
As a sledder, why are you buying anything from REI? They are one of the biggest contributors to organizations who's primary goal is to shut down motorized use of the backcountry.

Use REI for sizing and finding stuff you like, but go online and buy elsewhere.

As for the topic, I really like the Thor Ride gloves...they are a motocross style glove for cold/wet weather. They have a membrane to keep the wind out area are fairly water resistant.

I didnt know that about REI, that just happend to be the only link of the glove I could find quickly. I buy my gloves from a local bicycle shop here in my town.

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
Bought some True North Adventure Storm gloves last year. Absolutely love them, this year I added a pair of the Powder Storm gloves. A little more thinsulate and a cuff.

B

BigPoo

Nov 22, 2008
Langley, BC
www.perfectturfgrass.ca
go to costco and buy a pair of winter gloves...go to a hat store and get a can of waterproof spray(10 bucks). spray your gloves and you will never go back to expensive gloves again. I have used mine for 2 years now and have never had wet hands.

Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
go to costco and buy a pair of winter gloves...go to a hat store and get a can of waterproof spray(10 bucks). spray your gloves and you will never go back to expensive gloves again. I have used mine for 2 years now and have never had wet hands.

my gloves get wet from the inside (sweat). Any cheap gloves are soaked after an hour. I will never go cheap again

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
Costco usually has the best deal for quality gloves. I am a Goretex advocate but gloves is where I disagree. Unless your riding in rain or doing an activity where you don't ever take your gloves off Goretex is fine but Western snowmobiling is very physical and usually we're taking off our gloves and putting wet hands back in them.

Carry a couple pairs of motorcross/mechanics gloves for serious mtn riding and use a pair of Insulated ski gloves for the trail ride. I think one of the most important aspects of a good snowmobile glove is to make sure the lining of the glove is sewed in the ends of the fingers.

Premium Features