• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 RMK 700 2 issues

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Hey guys like alot of people I had problems with the voltage regulator on my 99 RMK. I put a new one on and all has been fine. EXCEPT after a few rides noticed that my speedometer along with my odometer (which is obviously on that same guage) and the lights on that guage dont work now. I dont really know what to check to be honest. Ideas?

Also sled ran great when i bought it and still runs pretty decent although at WOT it wants to kinda cut out. I changed the plugs thinking it was them because they were old but it helped nothing. Dirty carbs? New top end rebuild instore? Maybe just run better gas? Ive been running midgrade from Chevron mostly.

thanks for any help guys

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I'm not sure what to tell you about your gauges. The first thing I would do with your WOT issue would be to pull the carbs and make sure that they are clean and in good shape. I dont think that you are going to need a rebuild yet. To check that I would do a compression test and check that wash on the cylinders

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Speedometer is cable driven so either the cable is broken within the main speedometer cable itself or the short drive cable in the speedometer housing by the drive axle is broken.

Last edited:
K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Thanks guys. Sounds like I just need to pull and clean the carbs.

As for the speedometer guage, its just weird that the whole gauge doesnt work including lights and the speedo and the odometer. Ill look for a broken cable though

Premium Features