• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Engine Changes

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
Anyone out there have any solid intel on the changes to the 20 mill? I know the basics of the top end and such, injector direction spray change, but anyone get a chance to ride it, feel any more oomph etc? Also I recall reading on the PowerPoint from Cat about another oiling location but it wasn’t elaborated on, anyone know anything on that? Guess was an external point to reach crank???

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
My understanding is that the injectors will get more fuel/oil to the appropriate areas of the crank and rods.
Could be different oiling also? It's been a while since i read the article.

Polaris

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
On his live stream a weak or two ago Rob Kincaid listed out a few of the changes. I don't remember all of what he said, but i remember no more slotted pistons and I think moved the injectors more into the transfer ports.

C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
I heard from AC engineer when doing demos in old forge, new york... Revised cylinder to relocate injector points, pistons, fuel rail, new ecu mapping, and flywheel were major things.. equals out to 5-10 more HP

Premium Features