• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Running Bad at Low Elevation

T
I have a 2016 M800, sled has run flawlessly for the last two years, but all of a sudden it has started running really bad below 1000 meters (3000ft) Sled runs perfect above that elevation, but lower down on the trail it won't hold revs over 6800 rpm. The sled has a new crate motor, new primary, new ECU, new reeds, powervalves are clean and adjusted. No codes come up. Any ideas? Sled was having the same problem before the new motor, clutch, reeds and ECU.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Do you have a can on the sled I had problems with an m7 I had running a can with not enough back pressure

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Too rich.
Your running premium 91 fuel? Because that could be detonation happening.
The elevation tube isn’t plugged?

Can’t see it being clutching. Gotta be fuel or air or the power valve actuator not opening. That rpm is right when they should open. When you start up the sled, does the actuator open and close 3 times? It should if it’s functioning correctly

I don’t have experience with riding under 3000 so I’m grasping for you

Last edited:
T
Running 91 . Sled just sputters out when you try to get over 6800 rpm . Only down low elevation though . As soon as we get above 3000ft the sled runs flawlessly. Come back into the valley and it hits a wall again .

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Running 91 . Sled just sputters out when you try to get over 6800 rpm . Only down low elevation though . As soon as we get above 3000ft the sled runs flawlessly. Come back into the valley and it hits a wall again .

That's a strange one, did you ever check your fuel pressure? Make sure the plastic tube coming off the ecm is not kinked or blocked. That RPM is around when the power valves open another thing to check.

Premium Features