For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: XP Sleds 2007.5-current, all models in the XP, XT and XR chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Currently: Can, clutching,
2010m8snowpro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help, Do I mix oil with my first tank of gas.

Do I mix oil with my first tank of gas? I bought two 2012 summit sport 800R ptek sleds with only 24 and 28 miles each. I assume they are not broke in yet. I drained the fuel and it appeared darker than normal 91 octane fuel. So maybe it had oil in the gas already or maybe the gas was just getting old.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-19-2018, 01:27 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Rick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond reputeRick E has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010m8snowpro View Post
Do I mix oil with my first tank of gas? I bought two 2012 summit sport 800R ptek sleds with only 24 and 28 miles each. I assume they are not broke in yet.
Correct! You need to put a few "run in" or "break-in" miles on these.
These are also equipped with RPM driven oil injection pumps. They are adjustable, but I would leave that to a PRO!
These engines will smoke when first fired up.

I drained the fuel and it appeared darker than normal 91 octane fuel.
Age will cause discoloration.

So maybe it had oil in the gas already or maybe the gas was just getting old.
You should NOT need to fatten the fuel with oil! Let the oil injection system do it's job.

I would suggest using Non-Ethanol gasoline ONLY!

Have fun with them!

Last edited by Rick E; 12-20-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No